Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#1702554 - 05/23/12 05:58 PM Condo Questionnaire
Tesla Offline
Power Poster
Illinois law 765 ILCS 605/§22.1 requires the unit owner selling a unit to obtain a condo questionnaire completed by the Board of Managers of the HOA. We have the purchaser. They applied in Dec to purchase the condo unit. In late January, we did a change of circumstance to get a condo questionnaire completed (fee $250). Is this a valid reason for a cc? We knew all along it was a condo.

Thoughts?

Return to Top
#1703685 - 05/25/12 10:42 PM Re: Condo Questionnaire Tesla
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
If it is requirement imposed on the seller by State law, why is the borrower paying for it?

Return to Top
#1703689 - 05/25/12 11:22 PM Re: Condo Questionnaire Tesla
Tesla Offline
Power Poster
Allegedly because the sellers is not impartial.

Return to Top
#1703702 - 05/26/12 11:35 AM Re: Condo Questionnaire Tesla
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Well, if you knew it was a condo to start with and the borrower is typically required to pay the fee, then it would not be a valid change of circumstance.

From the Q&A:

4) Q: If a lender requires a condominium certificate and questionnaire for loans on condominiums, where does the charge go on the GFE?

A: If a lender requires a condominium certificate and questionnaire for loans on condominiums, the service is performed by a third party and the borrower is not permitted to shop for the provider of that service, the charge for the condominium certificate and questionnaire must be disclosed in Block 3 of the GFE.

Return to Top
#1703799 - 05/29/12 01:46 PM Re: Condo Questionnaire Tesla
Tesla Offline
Power Poster
How did I miss that? I guess I better start thinking about looking for a new career, huh?

Thanks again for your help. smile

Return to Top
#1708376 - 06/08/12 02:31 PM Re: Condo Questionnaire Tesla
tic toc Offline
100 Club
Springfield IL
how can i get a copy of the questionaire?

Return to Top