BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#1713438 - 06/22/12 07:04 PM Variable Interest Rate Disclosure - LOC
Deena Offline
Power Poster
Deena
PA
We are located in PA but have a borrower who lives in NY. We are making a LOC secured by the borrower's investment account. When we print the docs, the system is giving us a disclosure for a variable rate (kind of like a HELOC disclosure with a historical example). I found another thread and looked up NYCRR Title 3, Part 90, but I'm still not sure if we need to give this disclosure. 90.2 says "This Part applies to open-end accounts which are established by lending institutions and which provide for changes in the rate charged on the account from time to time but not more often than once within any three-month period." Our rate can change monthly.

Return to Top
#1713495 - 06/22/12 08:10 PM Re: Variable Interest Rate Disclosure - LOC Deena
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
If you are in PA, why would you be trying to comply with NY law?

Return to Top
#1713507 - 06/22/12 08:33 PM Re: Variable Interest Rate Disclosure - LOC Deena
Deena Offline
Power Poster
Deena
PA
Randy, that's why I'm confused (today!). Our doc system included the NY doc with the others so I was asked if we need the disclosure. I know some states have laws that protect consumers beyond what federal law gives them, so I thought maybe this was one of those. If it matters, the loan will close in NY state.

Return to Top
#1713571 - 06/23/12 01:52 PM Re: Variable Interest Rate Disclosure - LOC Deena
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Well, maybe I will then defer to someone from NY as without extensive research it is hard to say whether NY laws are exported in this instance. Do you not have a NY attorney involved in the transaction if you are planning to close the loan in another State. Sounds a little unusual.........

Return to Top
#1713613 - 06/25/12 12:45 PM Re: Variable Interest Rate Disclosure - LOC rlcarey
Deena Offline
Power Poster
Deena
PA
Since the loan isn't secured with RE, we don't have a NY attorney involved. Hopefully, someone from NY will weigh in here. Thanks for trying to help, Randy.

Return to Top