Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#177887 - 04/08/04 03:23 PM Clean Bill Certificate
Starky Offline
100 Club
Starky
Arkansas
Has anyone heard of a Clean Bill Certification issued by the International Monetary Unit? We are dealing with banks in Canada and the UK concerning a large wire transfer. Our trust dept. was told that we must have a Clean Bill certificate required by the PATRIOT Act for wire transfers over $10 million. I cannot find any information about this or the International Monetary Unit. I have searched the net.

I recommended that we call the contact number in the email for further clarification; however, I was wondering if anyone else had heard of this.

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#177888 - 04/09/04 07:16 PM Re: Clean Bill Certificate
GenerousLife Offline
Diamond Poster
USA
Ask your Trust Department for the source of their information. A Google search on "Clean Bill Certificate" brings up a Nigerian scam letter.

Return to Top
#177889 - 04/09/04 07:50 PM Re: Clean Bill Certificate
Starky Offline
100 Club
Starky
Arkansas
Quote:

Ask your Trust Department for the source of their information. A Google search on "Clean Bill Certificate" brings up a Nigerian scam letter.

Thanks NewBanker. We starting suspecting something early and have not contacted anyone named in the email. We did check with large banks in our area that would handle large wire transfers and they had never heard of this. I tried a google search but did not find the Nigerian scam link. I'll try again.

Return to Top
#177890 - 04/09/04 08:55 PM Re: Clean Bill Certificate
GenerousLife Offline
Diamond Poster
USA
I put quotes around the words and the first item on the list was a Nigerian letter.

Also, I did the same with "International Monetary Unit" and no organization by that name was returned in the results.

It could be legitimate, but by virtue of these red flags, I'd be doing more research into the particulars.

Return to Top
#177891 - 10/09/05 01:24 PM Re: Clean Bill Certificate
Elwood P. Dowd Offline
10K Club
Elwood P. Dowd
Next to Harvey
The PATRIOT Act contains no such verbiage. Prior thread with different terms, but same scam; i.e. paying "fees" to get a meaningless piece of paper.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z