Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#178018 - 04/08/04 07:35 PM One More Joint Application Question
Anonymous
Unregistered

Our loan software vendor has included the joint credit notice on their proprietary applications in a number of different areas on the application. Sometimes it is at the top, other times it is in the middle of the second page or at the bottom of the application. In order that we obtain the prospective customer’s initials on the application if they are applying for joint credit, does anyone see any problem if we would highlight this joint notice area with a yellow highlighter on all of applications to bring this requirement to the applicant’s attention?

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#178019 - 04/08/04 08:03 PM Re: One More Joint Application Question
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
I vote for flashing lights - although the battery packs would make filing a little exciting.

Sure - go for it.

Return to Top
#178020 - 04/08/04 08:07 PM Re: One More Joint Application Question
Nanwa Offline
Power Poster
Nanwa
Clintonville, WI, USA
I see nothing wrong with highlighting it. In fact, we have one loan officer who will place red and blue "x's" where joint customers' need to sign or initial - red for one signor, blue for the other.

Return to Top
#178021 - 04/10/04 12:20 AM Re: One More Joint Application Question
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
So long as you don't hi-lite a blank and say "initial here", meaning initial the joint affirmation. Hi-lite the entire question or all possible answers leaving them to the selection.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#178022 - 04/10/04 05:53 PM Re: One More Joint Application Question
Princess Romeo Offline

Power Poster
Princess Romeo
Where the heart is
Quote:

I vote for flashing lights - although the battery packs would make filing a little exciting.

Sure - go for it.

Personally I'd opt for the "talking" application form because quite frankly at this point, I'm ready to scratch my eyes out from being so sick of this "intent" evidence.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z