Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1793967 - 03/12/13 08:33 PM Reg E Error, not unauthorized
K423D Offline
New Poster
Customer claims electronic transfer is the wrong amount. Our records indicate the transaction was authorized and completed online. Customer has not provided us with any statement as to what the correct amount should be or a copy of her billing showing the correct amount. It's a health clinic and I'm sure if I contact the clinic for verification of billing amount, they will not provide me any information.
Would my investigation be complete if I can show the amount authorized and debited are the same, and state we see no error, or how much further do I need to take it, or am I just out $704.60? Transaction amount was $754.60

Return to Top
eBanking / Technology
#1793973 - 03/12/13 08:38 PM Re: Reg E Error, not unauthorized K423D
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
You researched your records and found no error. End of story.

Return to Top
#1793978 - 03/12/13 08:46 PM Re: Reg E Error, not unauthorized K423D
John Burnett Offline
10K Club
John Burnett
Cape Cod
Unless the customer can provide you with what she believes to be the correct amount, you really have gone farther than you needed to. But if she does provide that amount, your investigation will have to include whatever you can get by way of confirmation from the clinic. You are entitled under card association rules to request a copy of the authorization ticket (sales draft copy request).
Bankers' Threads User #8

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z