Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#179563 - 04/14/04 03:39 PM Adverse Action Notice Change???
Mickey Offline
100 Club
Mickey
FL
I was speaking to a compliance officer at another bank and she told me that the Adverse Action notice has changed as of April 15. Their server, Fiserv, made changes to the form splitting things out and making them more specific (ex. Garnishment, attachment, foreclosure, etc.) and separating them out into one line for each item. Also added "Too many bank inquiries" as a reason on the form.

My question is, I can't find anything saying these notifications had to be changed as of tomorrow? If so can you point me to something that shows me these specific changes or something saying such.

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#179564 - 04/14/04 04:11 PM Re: Adverse Action Notice Change???
jbest Offline
100 Club
jbest
Our vendor just updated our forms for Reg B revision there was no change made to the Adverse Action Notice and I'm not aware of any change requirements to the form.

Return to Top
#179565 - 04/14/04 04:19 PM Re: Adverse Action Notice Change???
P*Q Offline

Power Poster
P*Q
Somewhere
I, too am unaware of any changes to the AAN.

Return to Top
#179566 - 04/14/04 04:58 PM Re: Adverse Action Notice Change???
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
I had a question after my Reg. B webinar on one similar issue. There were some changes to model forms in Appendix C to Reg. B. In that case it was form C3, but others may have changed as well.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#179567 - 04/14/04 05:06 PM Re: Adverse Action Notice Change???
Anonymous
Unregistered

We use the same vendor and had the same issue. Nothing in the reg requires the breakout, but they chose to follow the model form. Since they own the form, we have no say, but we did advise them they were making more work for us in doing it that way. So the old checkbox with multiple reasons behind it now becomes 3 or four spearate checkboxes. They overread the model form and thought it was gospel.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z