Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1795756 - 03/18/13 04:18 PM FCBA dispute/Report to Credit Bureau
lovinglife Offline
Midwest
Received letter from customer wanting formal validation that what we reported to credit bureau was correct. They also want a statement which confirms that billing was done correctly under the Fair Credit Billing Act(FCBA).
We sent out a copy of his note, payment history,copy of what was submitted to credit bureau,and letter stated what everything was and why we reported what we did. He now says that's not enough and needs detailed documentation.

Basically comes down to we reported him 60 Deliquent and I don't think he likes that on his credit report, but in the 2 years that loan was active he only made 1 payment on time. This was a loan to purchase vehicle and personal expenses.

I guess I'm kinda confused and not sure which direction to take now. Any suggestions would be great.I'm stuck this is our first letter of such. Thanks!

Return to Top
#1795777 - 03/18/13 04:49 PM Re: FCBA dispute/Report to Credit Bureau lovinglife
waldensouth Offline
Power Poster
waldensouth
FINALLY ABOVE the gnat line
This is a form letter provided to your customer by a "credit repair" company. You have the right to ask for more detailed information on why the customer thinks that the information reported to the credit bureau was incorrect before responding.

- Frederick Douglass

My Opinion Only.

Return to Top
#1795785 - 03/18/13 05:03 PM Re: FCBA dispute/Report to Credit Bureau lovinglife
lovinglife Offline
Midwest
Thanks waldensouth!

Return to Top
#1807734 - 04/24/13 06:28 PM Re: FCBA dispute/Report to Credit Bureau lovinglife
lovinglife Offline
Midwest
Alright, I'm back!
Regarding the same senario as I 1st mentioned when I posted back on March 18th, we received ANOTHER letter on this. The loan officer and I want to put a stop to this but not sure what our options are. HELP!

The letter received today states...
1. "you must provide validation for consumer information you reported to CRAs"
2. "declare that this debt was not claimed as a loss with any insuring entity during the period it may have been payable."
3. "if you can't provide this documentation there maybe evidence against you for violation of the FCRA, FCBA, TIL, and other federal statutes."

How can we respond to this when we have sent all the information we have to them? Just send it again? Get the president of bank to sign letter?

On a side note when the signature on the note is compared to these letters they DO NOT match. Totally different. Can we disregard due to that? :}

Return to Top
#1807776 - 04/24/13 07:19 PM Re: FCBA dispute/Report to Credit Bureau lovinglife
NU Rhules Offline
Gold Star
NU Rhules
SE, Nebraska
Just my opinion - and it is uneducated at best!
This smells like stuff you read about from those calling themselves "Sovereign Citizens". If this is what you are running into, I suggest you talk to your lawyer. They are not stable people.

Google Sovereign Citizens and see if that's what you are dealing with. They operate by bluff, intimidation and lots of letters that make no sense.
Last edited by Cornhusker; 04/24/13 07:20 PM.
Return to Top
#1807880 - 04/24/13 11:44 PM Re: FCBA dispute/Report to Credit Bureau lovinglife
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
The latest letter is a different customer, or the same?

You can't discount the letter because it is a form letter. But if the signature doesn't match, I might be inclined to test the waters with a canned response, something like "We are sorry, but the signature on this request letter does not match that of any of our customers. To respect the privacy of our customers and prevent identity theft, unless a request can be validated we are unable to respond other than to request a valid query from a valid customer."
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#1808005 - 04/25/13 03:56 PM Re: FCBA dispute/Report to Credit Bureau lovinglife
lovinglife Offline
Midwest
It's the same customer, and guess what we got another letter today. This one basically is the same as others just in different wording. I have put in a call to legal to see what we can do about this.

I am fairly new to compliance but I agree if the signature doesn't match then why do we need to take it any further. I think it's just a computer generated cursive signature but the loan officer thinks it's the customer's girlfriend.

Very frustrating! We are all about helping customer's out but this is rediculous in my opinion.

Return to Top
#1808344 - 04/26/13 01:20 PM Re: FCBA dispute/Report to Credit Bureau lovinglife
Beachbum, CRCM Offline
Gold Star
Knee Deep in Regs
If the letter was sent by the customer's girlfriend, as your loan officer believes, then a response similiar to AndZ's should provide the impetus the customer needs to contact you directly.

Return to Top