Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1812862 - 05/09/13 08:54 PM Internet Service Provider
ATLbanker Offline
Gold Star
Georgia
We are thinking of changing the bank's internet service provider from a telephone company to a cable company that offers business internet. It is way faster and cheaper than the telephone company. They claim to have the highest uptime rate among ISP's. I was wondering if any other bank's use cable to connect to the internet?

Return to Top
eBanking / Technology
#1814059 - 05/14/13 06:17 PM Re: Internet Service Provider ATLbanker
Wolfy Offline
Wolfy
Mid West
We currently use cable at one of our locations and after months and months of trouble I have ordered a connection from the phone company to test against it. Also at our main location we recently did order a cable connection that will only be used as backup in the rare event our phone company connection goes down. And yes it is "rated" much faster and is cheaper than our phone company connection.... wink

Return to Top
#1814151 - 05/14/13 08:07 PM Re: Internet Service Provider ATLbanker
ATLbanker Offline
Gold Star
Georgia
Thanks for the input.

Return to Top
#1814190 - 05/14/13 08:51 PM Re: Internet Service Provider ATLbanker
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
I think location and provider could make all the difference here. Cable is traditionally faster in general and telephone connections can depend on the distance to the telephone hub. In my case (home office) older copper lines, corrosion, any critters chewing on the line, caused real problems. Cable, has historically been fast and reliable.

With cable, for more $ you can often get more speed. My home office is actually throttled back from the potential that is promised.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#1814499 - 05/15/13 05:40 PM Re: Internet Service Provider ATLbanker
ATLbanker Offline
Gold Star
Georgia
We are concerned with reliability. Some employees had cable and dropped it because of issues. We will be using business class, which they say is more reliable. Can't beat the price and speed.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z