Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1858145 - 10/03/13 05:24 PM Do we need permissionn to verify employment?
Tarhe Offline
Diamond Poster
California
Do we need specific permission from the applicant to verify employment?

Return to Top
Human Resources
#1858208 - 10/03/13 07:03 PM Re: Do we need permissionn to verify employment? Tarhe
osucpa Offline
Diamond Poster
I assume the applicant has already filled out an application. Does your application allow you to verify information on the application?

Return to Top
#1858262 - 10/03/13 08:01 PM Re: Do we need permissionn to verify employment? osucpa
Tarhe Offline
Diamond Poster
California
Yes, our employment application does. We were wondering more along the lines of verifying employment for the Ability to Repay rule requirements come January? If permission is required, we'll need to build that into our loan application.

Return to Top
#1858363 - 10/04/13 03:05 AM Re: Do we need permissionn to verify employment? Tarhe
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Do you plan to contact the applicant's current employer without their knowledge or permission? I just don't think that is a correct approach regardless of any rules.

Return to Top
#1858522 - 10/04/13 02:47 PM Re: Do we need permissionn to verify employment? Tarhe
Matt_B Offline
Diamond Poster
Matt_B
A CU, Where Regs Don't Apply
Many employers around here won't provide any information without a written release form being authorized (from my time in the loan department, where I had to do verifications like this).

We have applicants sign a blanket authorization form that gives us permission to request info on employment, rent, bank account info, etc. That almost always works for any type of verification we need, and they understand up front that we will have to verify details from their application.

Return to Top
#1858526 - 10/04/13 02:49 PM Re: Do we need permissionn to verify employment? Tarhe
Kathleen O. Blanchard Offline

10K Club
Kathleen O. Blanchard
This question was posed in the HR forum. Is the question about applications for employment or applications for loans?
www.kaybeescomplianceinsights.com

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, Gayla Sherry