BOL Conferences
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Thread Options
#187024 - 05/14/04 08:14 PM Re: Chairs for Tellers
Gayla Sherry Offline

100 Club
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Hi,
I agree with others that encourage you to provide chairs for all tellers, require they stand when a customer approaches, and monitor for dress code and other professional issues.
HR Consulting and Compliance; Training, Conflict Resolution, Internal Investigations, Expert Witness

Return to Top
Human Resources
#187025 - 05/14/04 09:03 PM Re: Chairs for Tellers
Anonymous
Unregistered

Z, I am the SVP that agreed with not allowing the lottery, but I am definately with you on the chair issue for tellers. Stand to wait on standing customers, but rest when not. At my last bank they had a sofa at every office for pregnant moms to relax on as they needed to.

No, I am not a woman, never been pregnant, but I definately have a soft spot for someone carrying an unborn child.

Give the chairs back!

Return to Top
#187026 - 06/03/04 09:06 PM Re: Chairs for Tellers
Anonymous
Unregistered

Look inside the President's Office - He has a great big gigantic chair.
Is he the most unprofessional employee in the institution?

Return to Top
#187027 - 06/08/04 02:11 PM Re: Chairs for Tellers
Anonymous
Unregistered

I agree with taking the chairs away, only if there has been a problem.

I was a teller before I became management and some branches had chairs and others did not. It seemed that the branches that were not so busy had chairs and the busy branches did not. The tellers at the slower branches got very lazy and would not get off their butts when helping customers.

As a manager I have instructed my employees that they need to always stand up when greeting a customers at the teller line and if they need a break, go to the back room and take ten minutes as long as someone knows were they are at.

I have just opened a new branch and we do not have any teller chairs. The tellers are all part time and do not have to stand all day. The longest shift is three hours. I do hear some complaints, however this branch is very busy and they do not have time to sit in chairs.

There is always something to do.

Return to Top
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderator:  Andy_Z, Gayla Sherry