Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options Tools
#187603 - 05/06/04 05:38 PM how many banks have dda withdrawal slips,...
Anonymous
Unregistered

and how many of you don't? I was told we should get rid of ours and make them write checks. I work in Oklahoma by the way. Is there some compliance isssues?

Return to Top
General Discussion
#187604 - 05/06/04 05:48 PM Re: how many banks have dda withdrawal slips,...
Anonymous
Unregistered

We have a universal slip that can be used for all deposits, withdrawals, and loan payments, that includes withdrawals from checking accounts. It has saved us printing costs compared to all the various forms it replaced as well as relieving an inventory/stock headache.

Return to Top
#187605 - 05/06/04 05:49 PM Re: how many banks have dda withdrawal slips,...
RFitzpatrick Offline
Gold Star
RFitzpatrick
Pacific NW
Really only for Money Market accounts, the use of withdrawal slip for use over the counter can be coded to not count toward the 3 check limit. I've never heard of them for other DDA's, make them write a check or counter check.

Return to Top
#187606 - 05/06/04 05:50 PM Re: how many banks have dda withdrawal slips,...
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Quote:

Really only for Money Market accounts, the use of withdrawal slip for use over the counter can be coded to not count toward the 3 check limit. I've never heard of them for other DDA's, make them write a check or counter check.

ditto here.

Return to Top
#187607 - 05/06/04 05:52 PM Re: how many banks have dda withdrawal slips,...
simbanker Offline
New Poster
Texas
We have debit slips for DDA accounts, but we do not leave them out where customers have access to them--they must be requested from a teller. We do not let them have extras to take with them, either.

Return to Top
#187608 - 05/06/04 06:12 PM Re: how many banks have dda withdrawal slips,...
Anonymous
Unregistered

We leave them out for customers. Why don't you all?

Return to Top
#187609 - 05/06/04 06:21 PM Re: how many banks have dda withdrawal slips,...
Tink Offline
I have seen this mostly with credit unions rather than banks.

Return to Top
#187610 - 05/06/04 06:28 PM Re: how many banks have dda withdrawal slips,...
Just Jean Offline
Platinum Poster
USA
We have a form called miscellaneous debit that can be used for checking or savings depending on the tran code written in. The customer must request one at the counter and fill it out there if they want to do an in-person MMDA transfer. We use the form internally for anything we need to debit the account - garnishments, levies etc.

Return to Top
#187611 - 05/06/04 09:41 PM Re: how many banks have dda withdrawal slips,...
-5K-, CRCM Offline
Gold Star
-5K-, CRCM
I'm at a credit union. We are apart of a credit union service center network (Share Branch) . This allows members from other credit unions to make deposit or withdraws at our credit union and our members can do the same at other credit unions. We require withdrawal slips for all share branch withdrawals regardless of account type.

Return to Top
#187612 - 05/07/04 12:50 PM Re: how many banks have dda withdrawal slips,...
Training Chick Offline
New Poster
Except for Money Market and Savings accounts, customers don't have preprinted "withdrawal" tickets. However, we do have withdrawal tickets for checking and savings accounts that can be used in the branches. Originally we kept the tickets out in the lobby. Then it was recommended by a consulting firm, that the Tellers should keep them, but we recently reversed that. We decided it slowed the Teller line down to have to fill the forms out once the customer got to a Teller.

Return to Top
#187613 - 05/07/04 01:48 PM Re: how many banks have dda withdrawal slips,...
Red Offline
Gold Star
Red
New England
We don't have them. Customers fill out a check, if they don't have one, we make them a counter check.

Return to Top
#187614 - 05/07/04 02:51 PM Re: how many banks have dda withdrawal slips,...
BrendaC Offline
Power Poster
BrendaC
Sweet Home AL
We recommend that counter items, such as deposit slips, we secured behind the teller line and/or at the CSR desk. They should be provided to customers after proper identification has been made.

More than one bank has lost money (some substantial money) because of issues related to deposit slips. Because this is an open forum, I am not going to be specific as to exactly how this can happen, but believe me--you don't want to have to explain to management how you lost so much money so quickly.

Return to Top
#187615 - 05/07/04 03:02 PM Re: how many banks have dda withdrawal slips,...
Anonymous
Unregistered

We have lost money in the past also. We did not leave deposit tickets and withdrawal slips on the counter for a long time. We purchased a bank that allowed easy access to these items. Once we stopped the practice the new customers were very upset. We reviewed the policy and make the change to offer easy access to these items again. That was 5 years ago and we have not had a problem. Less work for our Tellers and FSR's to have to disburse these items. Our customers like the easy access to them.

Return to Top