Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1898435 - 02/20/14 03:03 PM Merger Creating Issues with SAFE registrations
JM Siegel Offline
I am involved in a bank merger right now and one bank is merging into the other, with the survivor taking the name of the merged company (got that?). This means that for Bank A, they are a new corporation with the same name, and Bank B the same corporation with a different name.

This is a long winded way of asking this - on Day one does Bank A people have to have new numbers since they are going to work for a different company (even though the name on their cards will remain the same) and does Bank B have to simply get new cards but retain the same number?

Return to Top
S.A.F.E. Act Forum
#1898478 - 02/20/14 04:10 PM Re: Merger Creating Issues with SAFE registrations JM Siegel
raitchjay Online
Power Poster
OK
LOs won't be getting a new number....that number pretty much stays with them for life is my understanding. I think it's as simple as the LOs updating their employer information in the system really.

Return to Top
#1898514 - 02/20/14 05:35 PM Re: Merger Creating Issues with SAFE registrations JM Siegel
#Just Jay Offline
10K Club
#Just Jay
Cheeseheadland
I would even check with the NMLS people... since you will now most likely have one bank NMLS identity, perhaps they have a way to swap everyone over for you (since you will have to update both bank's information with NMLS as well).

Return to Top
#1898528 - 02/20/14 05:52 PM Re: Merger Creating Issues with SAFE registrations JM Siegel
raitchjay Online
Power Poster
OK
Good idea Jay.....i wasn't considering how many LOs might be involved.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett