Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1900278 - 02/26/14 07:41 PM Reg E letter question again
Kfish311 Offline
If I'm sure that a case is fraud and am closing it when I issue provisional credit can I combine the prov and final credit letter? My wording now is this....

This letter is to inform you that we have made a final determination regarding your electronic fund transfer claim dated <date>.

Based on the facts of our investigation, your claim is found to be valid. We are issuing you a credit dated <date> in the amount of <$amount> to your account <account number>. This credit is final.

Return to Top
eBanking / Technology
#1900339 - 02/26/14 09:03 PM Re: Reg E letter question again Kfish311
John Burnett Offline
10K Club
John Burnett
Cape Cod
There is no need to issue a provisional credit if you can close the case within the 10-day time limit. Report the adjustment as final, annotate your file, and move on to the next case. The wording you've suggested would work just fine, but I'd start it with "Based on the information obtained in our investigation,..."
Bankers' Threads User #8

Return to Top
#1900382 - 02/26/14 09:50 PM Re: Reg E letter question again John Burnett
Kfish311 Offline
How about this?

Based on the information obtained during our investigation your claim is found to be valid.

We are issuing you a credit dated <date> in the amount of <$amount> to your account <account number>. This credit is final.

Should you have questions regarding this claim, please do not hesitate to call me at <phone number>

Return to Top
#1900607 - 02/27/14 04:11 PM Re: Reg E letter question again Kfish311
John Burnett Offline
10K Club
John Burnett
Cape Cod
"Your claim is found to be valid" seems a little stilted to me. But it's a matter of personal style, and you should write in a style that fits the situation and works for you.

If I were composing the notice, I'd say

We have approved your recent claim, which we received (date).

We are posting a final credit of ($amount) to your account on (date).

If you have any questions about the claim, please call me at (number).
Bankers' Threads User #8

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z