Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1906735 - 03/19/14 04:52 PM MLO Address Change
Matt_B Offline
Diamond Poster
Matt_B
A CU, Where Regs Don't Apply
We have an employee that moved back in January, and did not update the address in the registry. (I'm currently doing my quarterly review to catch any changes that weren't updated) Normally this would result in an email from me, and between us we'd get the situation resolved. This employee has not been at work in the past several months due to health issues. They are beyond FMLA and are currently considered to be on disability. They are not officially on our payroll, but in the event she comes back to work, we would have some sort of position for her. She does not have access to work email, and clearly is not originating loans in any way. The question is, should we try to force an address update in the registry on her, or because she's not acting as an MLO is it okay to wait until we get to a point where she might be again? We don't want to cut her loose as an employee in the registry, but don't really want to have audit findings sitting out there either.

Thoughts? Have her change it, leave it alone and document the reason for the error, or something else?

Return to Top
S.A.F.E. Act Forum
#1906821 - 03/19/14 06:54 PM Re: MLO Address Change Matt_B
TMatt87 Offline
Diamond Poster
TMatt87
Idaho
I would just leave it alone and document. Not a big deal, in my opinion.

Return to Top
#1906857 - 03/19/14 07:40 PM Re: MLO Address Change Matt_B
Matt_B Offline
Diamond Poster
Matt_B
A CU, Where Regs Don't Apply
I'm in agreement on that, just thought I'd get another opinion before I just wrote it off as not an issue. Pretty minor thing to worry about anyway.

Return to Top
#1906873 - 03/19/14 08:14 PM Re: MLO Address Change Matt_B
#Just Jay Offline
10K Club
#Just Jay
Cheeseheadland
Ditto.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett