Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1905946 - 03/17/14 04:34 PM Reg E-Business Day Calculation
Natasha T Offline
California
Hello,
I need guidance in figuring out when business day count(for the purpose of giving provisional credit) begin. If we need to credit client provisional credit within 5 business days and we receive claim from them on Monday- do we need to credit him by the end of the day Friday or Monday? Is the first business day the day after we receive the claim or the day we receive the claim? Does the regulation itself answers this question? If yes, could you please point me in the direction where I could reference it. Thank you!

Return to Top
eBanking / Technology
#1906514 - 03/18/14 09:00 PM Re: Reg E-Business Day Calculation Natasha T
John Burnett Offline
10K Club
John Burnett
Cape Cod
The day your receive the claim -- orally or in writing -- is Day Zero. The regulation answers a similar question -- how to count the business days involved in determining the two-day period following the customer's learning of the loss/theft of an access device.

Don't forget that Saturday is counted if you said it's a business day in your Reg E account disclosures.
Bankers' Threads User #8

Return to Top
#1906794 - 03/19/14 06:20 PM Re: Reg E-Business Day Calculation Natasha T
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
And "E" defines the business day as a 24 hour period beginning and ending at midnight.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z