Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1909926 - 03/31/14 02:30 PM ATM cut-off in initial disclosure
Compliance504 Offline
Platinum Poster
Tennessee
I have read a few threads that state we must disclose our ATM cut-off time in our Funds Availability Disclosure....

I can't find this spelled out....what I find is this in the OSC 220.19(A)(a)(6)Banking day of deposit:

a. This paragraph also provides that a deposit received on a day that the depositary bank is closed, or after the bank's cut-off hour, may be considered made on the next banking day. Generally, for purposes of the availability schedules of this subpart, a bank may establish a cut-off hour of 2 p.m. or later for receipt of deposits at its head office or branch offices. For receipt of deposits at ATMs, contractual branches, or other off-premise facilities, such as night depositories or lock boxes, the depositary bank may establish a cut-off hour of 12:00 noon or later (either local time of the branch or other location of the depositary bank at which the account is maintained or local time of the ATM, contractual branch, or other off-premise facility). The depositary bank must use the same timing method for establishing the cut-off hour for all ATMs, contractual branches, and other off-premise facilities used by its customers. The choice of cut-off hour must be reflected in the bank's internal procedures, and the bank must inform its customers of the cut-off hour upon request. This earlier cut-off for ATM, contractual branch, or other off-premise deposits is intended to provide greater flexibility in the servicing of these facilities.

Why would they specify that it needs to be given upon request, if it must be disclosed in the initial disclosure?

I understand from a UDAAP perspective you'd want to disclose it, but I don't see where the reg requires it? What am I missing?

Return to Top
Deposits and Payments
#1909939 - 03/31/14 02:54 PM Re: ATM cut-off in initial disclosure Compliance504
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Why would they specify that it needs to be given upon request, if it must be disclosed in the initial disclosure?

You would have to ask Congress or the Federal Reserve or is this a rhetorical question?

See Commentary 229.16(b) - Content of Specific Policy Disclosure - Comment 6

Return to Top
#1909975 - 03/31/14 03:36 PM Re: ATM cut-off in initial disclosure Compliance504
Compliance504 Offline
Platinum Poster
Tennessee
Thanks, Randy....

Return to Top

Moderator:  John Burnett