Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1934806 - 06/23/14 05:18 PM NMLS Registration
Tim Stokes Offline
Tim Stokes
Houston, TX
Hello all,

Just curious to see what other banks are doing. We are primarily a commercial bank and our lenders deal primarily with commercial deals. However, there are times (limited as they are), that one of their commercial customers will ask about a residential real estate loan.

So I wanted to see what others are doing. We are contemplating requiring all lenders to get an NMLS number regardless of whether they are a commercial or consumer lender. Does anyone else take that position? Or do you keep your commercial and consumer stuff completely separated?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Return to Top
S.A.F.E. Act Forum
#1934834 - 06/23/14 06:14 PM Re: NMLS Registration Tim Stokes
manimal Offline
Diamond Poster
manimal
Deleted
We used to have all our lenders registered because we didn't designate separate consumer and commercial lenders. It was easier than constantly monitoring for the de minimus amounts for every lender. Now we have made the shift to having designated consumer lenders and have let the commercial lenders roll off (we just didn't renew them during the renewal period).

Hope this helps!

Innerpartysystem

Return to Top
#1934850 - 06/23/14 06:42 PM Re: NMLS Registration manimal
Tim Stokes Offline
Tim Stokes
Houston, TX
Thanks manimal!

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett