Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1936784 - 06/30/14 08:47 PM NMLS ID # on Mortgages
Newbie06 Offline
Platinum Poster
Is it required for the loan officer's NMLS ID # and the bank's ID # to be listed on mortgage documents?

Return to Top
S.A.F.E. Act Forum
#1936793 - 06/30/14 08:57 PM Re: NMLS ID # on Mortgages Newbie06
raitchjay Online
Power Poster
OK
Yes, if it's a consumer credit transaction secured by a dwelling. See 1026.36(g):

(2) The loan documents that must include the names and NMLSR IDs pursuant to paragraph (g)(1) of this section are:

(i) The credit application;

(ii) [Reserved]

(iii) The note or loan contract; and

(iv) The security instrument.

Return to Top
#1962807 - 09/18/14 02:17 PM Re: NMLS ID # on Mortgages raitchjay
Newbie06 Offline
Platinum Poster
Going back to the NMLS ID# being on the credit instrument, does the number have to be on a Credit Agreement and Disclosure for a HELOC? Our loan processor isn't automatically having that flow onto the document.

Return to Top
#1963900 - 09/23/14 03:28 PM Re: NMLS ID # on Mortgages Newbie06
Reads Regs Offline
Diamond Poster
Originally Posted By: Runner4fun
Going back to the NMLS ID# being on the credit instrument, does the number have to be on a Credit Agreement and Disclosure for a HELOC?

Yes. I'm not aware of any exemption for open end credit for this provision. The information must also appear on your security agreement.

Return to Top
#1963993 - 09/23/14 05:50 PM Re: NMLS ID # on Mortgages Newbie06
Dan Persfull Offline
10K Club
Dan Persfull
Bloomington, IN
Open-end credit is exempt.

(b) Scope. Paragraphs (c)(1) and (c)(2) of this section apply to closed-end consumer credit transactions secured by a consumer's principal dwelling. Paragraph (c)(3) of this section applies to a consumer credit transaction secured by a dwelling. Paragraphs (d) through (i) of this section apply to closed-end consumer credit transactions secured by a dwelling. This section does not apply to a home equity line of credit subject to ยง 1026.40, except that paragraphs (h) and (i) of this section apply to such credit when secured by the consumer's principal dwelling and paragraph (c)(3) applies to such credit when secured by a dwelling. Paragraphs (d) through (i) of this section do not apply to a loan that is secured by a consumer's interest in a timeshare plan described in 11 U.S.C. 101(53D).

Return to Top
#1964825 - 09/25/14 08:03 PM Re: NMLS ID # on Mortgages Dan Persfull
Reads Regs Offline
Diamond Poster
Dan,

Thanks for catching my mistake. I just looked back at some of my e-mails to management. I saw that I had told them earlier this year that they did not need to put the NMLS ID on HELOC documents. I should have looked at the regulation before I posted my response.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett