Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1939473 - 07/10/14 06:30 PM Ending a CC product line
Matt_B Offline
Diamond Poster
Matt_B
A CU, Where Regs Don't Apply
Our CC products are all with Visa, except one MC offering that we've had around forever. There are arguments being made that we need to just kill off that line as it's worthless and the very few still out there are not profitable.

Aside from the obvious adverse action and communications that this is happening (assuming it does), how do we go about doing this properly? Essentially it's us saying "You have until X date to pay off or transfer the balance of this card", correct? But if they don't, or if they don't qualify to open a new card for some reason...I'm just not sure of the logistics, and I'm pretty positive nobody else is thinking about how to do this correctly so I'm trying to get my arms around it before I wedge myself into the conversation. Any personal experience or opinion is appreciated.

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#1984739 - 12/22/14 09:14 PM Re: Ending a CC product line Matt_B
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
I see you got no response to this, Matt, but I have a similiar question I'm not sure of what needs to happen.

We have a 3rd party credit card company. We are changing to a different one. My understanding is that the current servicer will cut us off at some point and we won't have access to those account any longer.

Do we need to send any type of notice to these card holders that we are no longer involved? The cards are 'branded' with our name.

Any advice or experience with this would be appreciated!

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z