Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1944455 - 07/23/14 02:00 PM CTR Request
BSA Lady Offline
100 Club
Can a customer request a copy of their CTR?

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#1944462 - 07/23/14 02:09 PM Re: CTR Request BSA Lady
Elwood P. Dowd Offline
10K Club
Elwood P. Dowd
Next to Harvey
There is no prohibition against giving a customer a copy of a CTR on which he, she, or the entity represented is the party on whose behalf the transaction is conducted. On the other hand, there is no requirement that you do so just because it is requested.

It's up to you.

If the request is contemporaneous with the transaction there is not a lot to discuss. If the request comes later, the mercenaries among our group would charge a fee for research and printing.

Return to Top
#1944464 - 07/23/14 02:17 PM Re: CTR Request BSA Lady
BSA Lady Offline
100 Club
Let me ask you this....

The CTR in question is from last year. A very very large amount in cash by a entity that seemed unusual at the time.

Our teller was listed as the transactor in the deposit because she was the one to bring in for entity. (signer on the account)

That particular branch was sold last year so the teller is no longer my co worker.

So I can look at it both ways, either another bank is requesting this info or a customer is requesting.

Clear as mud?

Return to Top
#1944472 - 07/23/14 02:29 PM Re: CTR Request BSA Lady
John Burnett Offline
10K Club
John Burnett
Cape Cod
You started with a relatively simple question and got good advice. Then you added the details, which muddy your waters, but don't really change what Ken has suggested, except that you clearly are looking at records research rather than a current transaction.

You still have the option. You can provide the copy or not. The fact that the individual who brought the cash in happened to be employed by your bank at the time is a red herring.
Bankers' Threads User #8

Return to Top
#1944532 - 07/23/14 03:19 PM Re: CTR Request BSA Lady
BSA Lady Offline
100 Club
Thanks Ken and John!

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z