Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1946986 - 07/29/14 06:57 PM CRA Stumper - A "Worm Farm"... Farm, or business?
JC (Darth HMDA) Offline
Diamond Poster
JC (Darth HMDA)
CA
We have a customer that is a worm farm. Their primary products are worms (used for composting/gardening and fishing), worm products and soil that has been enriched by worm castings.

At first glance we thought farm, and I still believe that is the case. However, the majority of the company's income comes from the sale of soil that has been improved by worms, not the worms themselves.

So... what do you think? Is it a Business... or a Farm?

Any help would be appreciated... this one is tough!

Return to Top
CRA
#1946995 - 07/29/14 07:04 PM Re: CRA Stumper - A "Worm Farm"... Farm, or business? JC (Darth HMDA)
Princess Romeo Offline

Power Poster
Princess Romeo
Where the heart is
It's listed as NAICS Code 027901 under Agricultural Production, so I would say.. farm.

http://www.naics.com/free-code-search/siclist.html?sictwo=02

Essentially the soil is the "crop" that is generated by raising the worms.

Return to Top
#1947902 - 07/31/14 05:47 PM Re: CRA Stumper - A "Worm Farm"... Farm, or business? JC (Darth HMDA)
JC (Darth HMDA) Offline
Diamond Poster
JC (Darth HMDA)
CA
That's what I figured! Thank you Romeo!!! smile

Return to Top
#1949548 - 08/06/14 02:32 PM Re: CRA Stumper - A "Worm Farm"... Farm, or business? JC (Darth HMDA)
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
I kind of love this! I would go with farm as well.

Return to Top
#1950452 - 08/07/14 07:11 PM Re: CRA Stumper - A "Worm Farm"... Farm, or business? JC (Darth HMDA)
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
Haven't you ever heard of a dirt farm before? LOL

Not how I always thought of it, but hey.... Wonder if the old worms get sold as bait?
Last edited by B_F; 08/07/14 07:11 PM.
Return to Top