Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#194913 - 05/27/04 08:04 PM PMI Disclosures for ARMs
Lavender Offline
Gold Star
Lavender
Hello, I seem to recall that we are not required to disclose PMI cut-off dates on ARM loans, only fixed rate loans. Does anyone know what regulation this is so that I can provide a copy to our green examiners?

Thank you and Happy Memorial Day!

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#194914 - 05/27/04 08:51 PM Re: PMI Disclosures for ARMs
Dan Persfull Offline
10K Club
Dan Persfull
Bloomington, IN
Homeowners Protection Act

ยง4903: Disclosure Requirements (01/02/01)

(a) Disclosures for new mortgages at time of transaction

(B) if the transaction relates to an adjustable-rate mortgage, a written notice that --

(i) the mortgagor may cancel the requirement in accordance with section 4902(a) of this title on the cancellation date, and that the servicer will notify the mortgagor when the cancellation date is reached;

(ii) the requirement for private mortgage insurance will automatically terminate on the termination date, and that on the termination date, the mortgagor will be notified of the termination or that the requirement will be terminated as soon as the mortgagor is current on loan payments; and

(iii) there are exemptions to the right of cancellation and automatic termination of a requirement for private mortgage insurance in accordance with section 4902(g) of this title, and whether such an exemption applies at that time to that transaction.

Return to Top
#194915 - 05/28/04 12:09 PM Re: PMI Disclosures for ARMs
Richard Insley Offline
10K Club
Richard Insley
Toano, VA
...but don't forget that Reg. Z still requires you to estimate a payment schedule, including the MI renewal premiums, using all known information and your best estimate of unknown info (like future index values).

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z