Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1953983 - 08/18/14 03:01 PM Can we block an ATM?
Matt_B Offline
Diamond Poster
Matt_B
A CU, Where Regs Don't Apply
There's a specific ATM in town that's near some sketchy apartments, and doesn't have any camera on/in it. Our fraud person wants to block the ATM so we can limit the number of empty envelope deposits and fraudulent checks. They're first trying to establish if we can do this, but also wondering if they're legally able to do so.

Would this be a Visa/MC contract issue, or something else? Assuming of course we can even figure out how to do it in the first place.

Return to Top
eBanking / Technology
#1953984 - 08/18/14 03:03 PM Re: Can we block an ATM? Matt_B
Skittles Online
10K Club
Skittles
TN
Can you just take away the deposit aspect of this ATM?

Return to Top
#1953997 - 08/18/14 03:21 PM Re: Can we block an ATM? Matt_B
Matt_B Offline
Diamond Poster
Matt_B
They're working on figuring that out. I'm not sure that's even a possibility. This is another FI's machine, if that wasn't already obvious, but we've never tried to do this before. If we could just block deposits, that'd be ideal.

Return to Top
#1954005 - 08/18/14 03:24 PM Re: Can we block an ATM? Matt_B
Milby Offline
Platinum Poster
Tejas
You allow your customers to make a deposit via another institution's ATM?

For what it's worth, I don't believe there is a capability to block a particular ATM from your processing. At least there wasn't a few years ago when that process reported through me. Maybe some of the newer anti-fraud programs allow it now.

Return to Top
#1954016 - 08/18/14 03:46 PM Re: Can we block an ATM? Matt_B
Matt_B Offline
Diamond Poster
Matt_B
Absolutely. If they were just using our ATMs, they might as well just use the night drop instead. We only have ATMs at our offices, and have always allowed deposits at other machines.

If it didn't work then, knowing how archaic and behind our systems are, I doubt it will work now. Maybe I'll be surprised though! smirk

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z