Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#195424 - 06/01/04 01:37 PM Vacant Land
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am curious to know what other banks are doing with regards to the financing of vacant land. If the collateral is vacant land, how much of the purchase price is being financed and how long of a term is it being financed for. Thanks for your input.

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#195425 - 06/01/04 01:49 PM Re: Vacant Land
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Terms are going to be up to you, but if you go higher than 65% on raw land, you need to be sure you have board reporting in place as that will exceed the allowed supervisory LTVs. This should already be handled in your board approved real estate lending policies.

Return to Top
#195426 - 06/01/04 02:14 PM Re: Vacant Land
Anonymous
Unregistered

Where can you find what the supervisory LTV ratios are..I know of several banks that go as high as 80%..Thanks

Return to Top
#195427 - 06/01/04 02:40 PM Re: Vacant Land
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
Appendix A to part 365, if you are FDIC regulated. As Randy indicated there is a bucket of loans you can track that may exceed the guidelines, up to a percentage of capital. So, it shouldn't surprise you that other banks are exceeding the guidelines.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z