Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#195469 - 06/01/04 02:52 PM Loan Submissions
Skunk Boy Offline
Diamond Poster
Skunk Boy
R.I.P. Chief Illiniwek
Is it possible to make the submissions risk based? It does not seem efficient to me to spend the same amount of time writing up a submission for a $10,000 loan as I would for a $3,000,000 loan (detail wise). I made a grid that assigns the amount of risk to a loan based upon collateral and loan amount. That risk then deems how much detail will be on the submission.

For example: a $10,000 loan that falls under a loan officer's authority would have very little detail. Topics of repayment, purpose, etc. would have only 1-2 sentences outlining the loan. On the other side, a large loan to the board of directors would have enormous detail, including all ratios, financials, history, credit reviews, etc.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#195470 - 06/01/04 03:32 PM Re: Loan Submissions
redsfan Offline
Power Poster
redsfan
The Pennant Race
Our loan policy assigns addtional documentation requirements based on the total exposure of the bank to the borrower and his/her/its related interests. Conforming first mortgages securd by a principal dwelling and loans secured by CDs, Us Treasuries, and US Agency securities are excluded from the exposure calculation.

Various documentation, such as financials, audited financials, environmental risk assessments, etc., are based at various levels of exposure (for example, exposure over $5,000 requires a detailed financial statement).

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z