Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#1955894 - 08/21/14 08:57 PM debit card pickup by non-cardholder??
M. Radcliffe Offline
100 Club
Some of our frontline staff want to allow a non-cardholder to pick up debit cards that are being issued - for example a wife picking up a husband's debit card when she gets hers, or a secretary picking up debit cards for 5 different people in the office.

I think this is a terrible idea, but am having difficulty finding a specific reg to cite to stop it. I've tried Reg E, PCI standards, Visa regs, etc.

Any ideas??

Return to Top
Operations Compliance
#1955908 - 08/21/14 09:12 PM Re: debit card pickup by non-cardholder?? M. Radcliffe
Sunshine Lady Offline
Platinum Poster
Sunshine Lady
I do not think you will find a regulation to support if you do or do not allow. Ours is a bank decision as to whether someone else can pick up a card. We only allow the owner to pick it up because we do not know what type of circumstances exist between a husband and wife or secretary and five other people.

Return to Top
#1955910 - 08/21/14 09:20 PM Re: debit card pickup by non-cardholder?? M. Radcliffe
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
ours are mailed to the address of record, no pickup...

Return to Top
#1955980 - 08/22/14 12:29 PM Re: debit card pickup by non-cardholder?? M. Radcliffe
osucpa Offline
Diamond Poster
They can pick up at a branch but must be account owner.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett