Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1783139 - 02/05/13 10:28 PM Bill Pay Fees
sportsmom Offline
Louisiana
We are considering changing our fees for Bill Pay at our bank and were wondering what other banks are doing. Thanks for your vote!
Bill Pay Fees
single choice

Votes accepted starting: 02/05/13 10:28 PM
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll.

Return to Top
eBanking / Technology
#1787507 - 02/20/13 02:29 PM Re: Bill Pay Fees sportsmom
GoGreen Offline
Gold Star
PA
If there is a rush for a bill payment to be completed we do charge a fee for that type of service. We never stated that our bill payment is free just our online banking is free.

We do charge for business customers having bill payment so I am wondering if you survey is targeting consumer or business?

Return to Top
#1787667 - 02/20/13 06:17 PM Re: Bill Pay Fees GoGreen
sportsmom Offline
Louisiana
We are targeting consumer customers only. I thought that adjusting our pricing would encourage more interest in Bill Pay and keep us competitive in our market but I needed some input before presenting to management. Our bank does not offer the product to our commercial customers at the present time.

Return to Top
#1789910 - 02/27/13 10:12 PM Re: Bill Pay Fees sportsmom
cody_c Offline
cody_c
Nebraska
We only charge if the payment needs to be expedited.

Return to Top
#1962802 - 09/18/14 02:13 PM Re: Bill Pay Fees sportsmom
VonnaC Offline
New Poster
Does your bank disclose the expedited/rush fee on your fees schedule and/or Reg E disclosure?

I am wondering because we offer bill pay for $4.95 per month, which is disclosed in the bank's Reg E disclosure but there is an additional fee for rush deiliver, which is not. Instead, the additional fee for rush delivery is disclosed to the customer online before they choose the rush delivery option in bill pay.

Should we be disclosing this additional fee on the Fees Schedule and/or Reg E disclosure also (especially if the customer has not agreed to receive electronic disclosures under the e-Sign Act)?

Return to Top
#1963354 - 09/19/14 06:50 PM Re: Bill Pay Fees sportsmom
Milby Offline
Platinum Poster
Tejas
You do not need to disclose the expedite fee in disclosures. It's an added service (like buying a box of checks) that the customer elects to accept at the time they chose to take that one-time service.

Interesting that your market still can charge a fee for bill pay. That disappeared from the Dallas/Fort Worth area somewhere between 2004 - 2006.

Return to Top
#1963480 - 09/20/14 02:31 PM Re: Bill Pay Fees sportsmom
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Most banks don't disclosed any fees for bill pay services with account opening disclosures. The whole product is a totally separate pay to play product from the underlying deposit account.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z