Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1979149 - 11/25/14 09:13 PM Cybersecurity
Letter Offline
New Poster
Does anyone have a work process related to cybersecurity and emerging issues/threats? Specifically, how do you monitor the daily threats/hacks/breaches/warnings out there? I know we subscribe to FS-ISAC, but when you receive hundreds of emails each day, it's hard to get through them all in a timely manner. Best way to monitor?

Thanks in advance.

Return to Top
eBanking / Technology
#2016266 - 05/27/15 05:09 PM Re: Cybersecurity Letter
DEL Offline
Platinum Poster
Maine
We just joined and I have the same question. Two days in and I have already received over 30 notices!

Return to Top
#2017683 - 06/02/15 06:19 PM Re: Cybersecurity DEL
ccman Offline
Platinum Poster
We're a member also and find it incredible the number of emails. It is truly amazing! What is safe and secure at this point?

Return to Top
#2018094 - 06/03/15 07:00 PM Re: Cybersecurity Letter
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
cash. (Sorry, couldn't help myself.)
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#2018272 - 06/04/15 01:00 PM Re: Cybersecurity Letter
DEL Offline
Platinum Poster
Maine
Now that I've been able to log in on their website, I've found more info. There are about 50 different categories of information they can send you, and as a new customer the default is "all of them!" I took the list and we sat down and went through it to see what we think is useful and what is not. It's going to take awhile to fully determine what we need to know and what we don't. Also, all of the notices are available online so you can go in less often and just sort and see if there is anything you think is important. If I discover any additional tips I'll pass them on here.

It can make you completely paranoid to see all the "attacks" of one kind or another out there but if you read more detail you realize most of it represents very little risk to your individual bank. Figuring out which ones DO is the problem!

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z