Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1983242 - 12/15/14 11:20 PM De Minimis Exemption - Denied/Withdrawn Apps
TryingtoComply Offline
Diamond Poster
The West
Does Regulation G indicate if denied and withdrawn applications are included in the de minimis exemption? I know there is a two prong test to qualify as an MLO:
1. Takes a residential mortgage loan application; and
2. Offers or negotiates terms of a residential mortgage loan for compensation or gain.

However, I can't seem to find anything that addresses this directly. I've heard that the FDIC has taken the position that applications whether approved, denied or withdrawn should be counted.

Return to Top
S.A.F.E. Act Forum
#1983246 - 12/15/14 11:40 PM Re: De Minimis Exemption - Denied/Withdrawn Apps TryingtoComply
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
1007.101(c)(ii) Prior to engaging in mortgage loan origination activity that exceeds the exception limit in paragraph (c)(2)(i) of this section, an employee must register with the Registry pursuant to this part.

Engaging in mortgage loan origination activity has nothing to do with loan approval. Loan approval is not part of the two prong test.

Return to Top
#1983250 - 12/15/14 11:51 PM Re: De Minimis Exemption - Denied/Withdrawn Apps TryingtoComply
TryingtoComply Offline
Diamond Poster
The West
Perfect. Thank you.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett