Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1983249 - 12/15/14 11:49 PM DeMinimis - Employee Previously Registered
TryingtoComply Offline
Diamond Poster
The West
We have an employee that was previously registered at another institution; however, he never changed his records to our bank with the NMLSR. He's been here over 2 1/2 years. We discovered that he handled a HELOC this year and I'm wondering if we have an issue with the de minimis rule as he does not meet the first prong which says that the employee must never have been registed or licensed through the NMLSR as a MLO.

What are the consequences of this if this is a problem? BTW, the only I know this is because I worked with him at the other institution.

Return to Top
S.A.F.E. Act Forum
#1983252 - 12/16/14 12:25 AM Re: DeMinimis - Employee Previously Registered TryingtoComply
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
The regulators will probably only draw and quarter both the LO and the bank (for their lack of due diligence).

If he was subject to State licensing, HUD could impose a $25,000 fine on the MLO.

Return to Top
#1983256 - 12/16/14 01:40 AM Re: DeMinimis - Employee Previously Registered TryingtoComply
TryingtoComply Offline
Diamond Poster
The West
Ok. He was hired prior to my arrival here. I will speak to our Human Resources Manager about a process for identifying MLOs. He is only subject to registration requirements.

Return to Top
#1983263 - 12/16/14 04:01 AM Re: DeMinimis - Employee Previously Registered TryingtoComply
Kathleen O. Blanchard Offline

10K Club
Kathleen O. Blanchard
I have to agree that regulators will take a dim view of a process that allowed this to happen. The bank needs to get its act together and take this seriously. Go kick them around. smile
www.kaybeescomplianceinsights.com

Return to Top
#1984751 - 12/22/14 10:01 PM Re: DeMinimis - Employee Previously Registered TryingtoComply
John Burnett Offline
10K Club
John Burnett
Cape Cod
Kathleen! How very like the Grinch at this time of year!
Bankers' Threads User #8

Return to Top
#1984757 - 12/22/14 10:28 PM Re: DeMinimis - Employee Previously Registered TryingtoComply
Kathleen O. Blanchard Offline

10K Club
Kathleen O. Blanchard
I was wild that day (only because I know "TryingToComply"!)
www.kaybeescomplianceinsights.com

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett