Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1988270 - 01/13/15 04:11 PM Internet Training for Customers
CrashDavis Offline
Gold Star
The regulators have asked up that we need to do internet training for customers. We thought about putting inserts in the bank statements for the customers. We put messages on the online banking site but they say that is not enough.

Do any of y'all know of anything that will accomplish this goal. Thanks.

Return to Top
eBanking / Technology
#1988337 - 01/13/15 05:26 PM Re: Internet Training for Customers CrashDavis
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
"The regulators have asked up that we need to do internet training for customers."

Can you clarify that statement??

Return to Top
#1988447 - 01/13/15 08:25 PM Re: Internet Training for Customers CrashDavis
CrashDavis Offline
Gold Star
Sorry did not make this clear. They are talking about statement stuffers that tells the customers about fraud, be certain that the customer statement is secure, password protection. We put this on the bank's website but they are wanting us to put in as statement stuffers. Where can we get such things to send to the customer.

Return to Top
#1988476 - 01/13/15 09:03 PM Re: Internet Training for Customers CrashDavis
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Ask the regulators where it says that you are required to educate your customers and also how much, how detailed and how that training has to be delivered.

Last I checked, the CFPB was in charge of training the public smile

You are dealing with "one" examiners opinion and I would treat it as such.

They want to train people on password protection by sending them snail mail? Well, that makes a lot of sense...........

Return to Top
#1988481 - 01/13/15 09:17 PM Re: Internet Training for Customers CrashDavis
BrianC Online
Power Poster
BrianC
Illinois
The 2011 FFIEC Guidance on Internet Banking Authentication simply states "The supplement stresses the need for performing risk assessments, implementing effective strategies for mitigating identified risks, and raising customer awareness of potential risks, but does not endorse any specific technology for doing so." Considering how many people don't open their bank statements, like Randy, I would argue that there are more effective means of customer education than statement stuffers.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z