Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1993964 - 02/05/15 09:24 PM Manual Cash Disbursement and Visa Plus
leo_bsayer Offline
Platinum Poster
The Visa Operating Rules states on page 495, "each member, excluding one participating only in the Visa Electron, Plus or ATM acquiring programs, must make Manual Cash Disbursements to other Issuers' Visa Cardholders from all of its Branches in its Country of Domicile."

Our debit cards are Visa Plus. Does the above statement mean that we are excluded from having to provide cash advances to other Visa Cardholders, or is there some other meaning to the exclusion? Why exactly would Visa Plus be excluded from this requirement?

Until I saw the above mentioned, I thought we were required to provide cash advances to all Visa cardholders, prepaid, debit, and credit alike, but now I'm questioning that.
Last edited by leobsayer; 02/05/15 09:31 PM.
Return to Top
eBanking / Technology
#1993996 - 02/05/15 10:34 PM Re: Manual Cash Disbursement and Visa Plus leo_bsayer
BrianC Offline
Power Poster
BrianC
Illinois
This phrase means that you are not obligated to perform cash advance services. If you choose to offer cash advance services, you must still provide the services equally to all VISA cardholder according to the non discrimination clauses.

Also check out this Related thread that contains updated verbiage on the topic from the October 2014 edition of the rules.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z