BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1993201 - 02/03/15 08:55 PM Vendor Management List
Cedar Point Guy Offline
Platinum Poster
Cedar Point Guy
Cedar Point
Hi All,

I am putting together a list of the bank's vendors, would anyone include the following on their list and why or why not:

1)Bank's where the bank holds deposits
2)Federal Agencies (Federal Reserve, OCC, FDIC, etc...)
3)The IRS
4)Utility Companies
5)State and/or County Treasurers

Does anyone have a good list of vendors that should be on the list or a good definition of what a vendor is?

Return to Top
Risk Management
#1993210 - 02/03/15 09:16 PM Re: Vendor Management List Cedar Point Guy
Doug Hendrickson Offline
Power Poster
Doug Hendrickson
Although I might include those entities in the contacts for disaster recovery / contingency plans, I would not consider them a vendor. Simple definition, a vendor is someone who provides goods (forms, supplies, software) or services (core processing) to operate the bank.

While you could make an argument that the Bank and the Utility Customers supply a service, I just don't see them in the same context as other vendors.

Return to Top
#1995636 - 02/12/15 05:15 PM Re: Vendor Management List Cedar Point Guy
Cedar Point Guy Offline
Platinum Poster
Cedar Point Guy
Cedar Point
Follow up question. Would anyone include HR companies in your Vendor management List? For example: a company that would handle the bank's payroll, life insurance companies the bank would use, pre-employment companies (background checks and drug screening), fringe benefit companies (Eye care providers, health insurance companies) and things along those lines?

Return to Top
#1995690 - 02/12/15 06:50 PM Re: Vendor Management List Cedar Point Guy
RR Jen Offline
Power Poster
RR Jen
Running and riding everywhere ...
Our payroll vendor made our critical vendor list.

Return to Top
#1995853 - 02/13/15 01:34 PM Re: Vendor Management List Cedar Point Guy
Cedar Point Guy Offline
Platinum Poster
Cedar Point Guy
Cedar Point
Thank you, So did your payroll vendor add to the list? I am trying to get a list put together and I want to make sure I include everything that I am suppose to.

Return to Top
#1996080 - 02/13/15 08:00 PM Re: Vendor Management List Cedar Point Guy
RR Jen Offline
Power Poster
RR Jen
Running and riding everywhere ...
The vendors made my list by the types of services they offer and an overall risk rating. It's pretty complex. I started with the accounts payable list and list of bank contracts to make sure I didn't miss anyone.

Utility companies were excluded by policy. Same for cleaning people and landscaping services (they only have to be insured and sign a confidentiality statement). Anyone who didn't have access to customer information was excluded. Then I cut out ones that did and I had multiple to choose from (think title companies). I finally ended up with a list of 7 critical vendors.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z