Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1999600 - 03/03/15 09:47 PM HOA Pool Home Improvement Reportable?
bmcLark Offline
A loan is made by a Home Owners association for improvements to an Inground pool and grounds surrounding. Condo buildings. This HOA is an optional amenity, and not all condo owners opted to join. Is this reportable HMDA HI funds??

Return to Top
HMDA

HMDA Academy
#1999641 - 03/03/15 11:59 PM Re: HOA Pool Home Improvement Reportable? bmcLark
CompBanker0613 Offline
CompBanker0613
Is the loan dwelling secured?
If not dwelling secured, does your institution report non-dwelling secured Home Improvement loans?

Return to Top
#1999943 - 03/05/15 03:38 PM Re: HOA Pool Home Improvement Reportable? bmcLark
JC (Darth HMDA) Offline
Diamond Poster
JC (Darth HMDA)
CA
Agree with Comp. If secured by a dwelling, this is HMDA reportable. If unsecured/UCC secured - we would not report as HMDA (unless you have a special classification for Home Improvement Loans).

Return to Top
#1999945 - 03/05/15 03:43 PM Re: HOA Pool Home Improvement Reportable? bmcLark
Dan Persfull Offline
10K Club
Dan Persfull
Bloomington, IN
Just wondering (rhetorically). What condo owner(s) would pledge their condo(s) as security for the HOA loan? I've never known a HOA to actually own a home/dwelling.

Return to Top
#1999998 - 03/05/15 06:30 PM Re: HOA Pool Home Improvement Reportable? bmcLark
bmcLark Offline
We do report unsecured Home Improvement loans. This is to improve the pool and is on the grounds of the association, but not all condo owners opted in to this amenity. If an individual made improvemnts to their landscape/pool, we would report, but since this is a loan to an entity, the pool HOA, we were not sure.

Return to Top

Moderator:  SMQ, CRCM