Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2009039 - 04/20/15 05:13 PM Collecting a fee for appraisal review?
NCBanker Offline
Our bank is weighing the benefits of using an AMC for residential appraisal ordering and review against our current process for performing these functions in-house. The AMC charges a fee for appraisal review. Management has asked if the bank can charge its own fee for reviewing appraisals in-house. Compliance has responded that such a fee must be included in the bank's origination charge in box 1 of the GFE, and that the only way it can be itemized separately is if it is paid to a 3rd party. This appears to be a significant issue with management, and they do not want to increase the origination charge for competitive reasons. First, I want to make sure this interpretation is correct. Secondly, I want to see if anyone (who does not use an AMC) has found a way to deal with this issue in a way that we have not thought of. I appreciate any feedback. Thank you.

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#2009055 - 04/20/15 05:40 PM Re: Collecting a fee for appraisal review? NCBanker
Dan Persfull Offline
10K Club
Dan Persfull
Bloomington, IN
Your compliance department is absolutely correct. Your in-house appraisal, credit or whatever review fee would be part of your origination charge. No way around it.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z