Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2009184 - 04/21/15 01:55 PM CTR Information Gathering
CUCO Offline
We currently have our tellers fill our the old CTR 104 form to capture transaction information. CTRs are then e-filed by our back office. I was looking to see if anyone has a sample information sheet that they have tellers complete when a CTR is necessary. The old form is a little confusing for them and I was looking to simplify the process.

Thanks!

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#2009218 - 04/21/15 03:31 PM Re: CTR Information Gathering CUCO
PrimeTime Offline
100 Club
PrimeTime
My institution files the same way, with the initial detection at the teller line and then any aggregation/quality control is done backroom. We got rid of the old form due to the fact that it referenced the form 104, and created one that states "for internal use only" on it.

How exactly would you simplify the process? I guess where I'm confused is what exactly is confusing them? My tellers absolutely have difficulty filling out the form from time to time however I don't know if there's a way to get around that. We mimicked the sections on the current form within BSA e-filing for our new form....section a - persons on whose behalf the transactions were conducted and section b-individuals conducting the transaction if other than above. All the critical and non-critical fields are on there as well. As far as simplifying, I'm not really sure there's a way unfortunately, trust me we attempted!

CAMS

Return to Top
#2009229 - 04/21/15 03:49 PM Re: CTR Information Gathering CUCO
CULady Offline
Gold Star
WA
I dumbed it down, I mean SIMPLIFIED it even more. Because most of the information in on the account, I just have account number, name, occupation and "is their contact info correct". They are also to attach a copy of the DL/ID. They are to fill one out person conducting the transaction and for any joint owners not present for deposits.
We have VERY few (maybe 1 a year) that we will have to file for non-members. On those, we would just need SSN added to the form.
Then I will fill out the actual CTR form and file it electronically.

Return to Top
#2009258 - 04/21/15 04:54 PM Re: CTR Information Gathering CUCO
ItNeverEnds CRCM Offline
Platinum Poster
Looking for my sanity
Why don't you have the tellers actually fill out the actual new CTR form? It's a PDF so you can save one anywhere. I saved a "blank" one that has all the bank's info in it already and then we've created some templates for some people that we have to file on routinely, on those templates (like businesses) we'll have several depending on who the conductor was. This process makes the filing pretty simple. The tellers complete them, save them to a specific directory on the network and use a specific naming convention (example 2015.04.21_ABC Inc.pdf). The supervisor reviews them for accuracy and emails the BSA department. We review and submit. This eliminates any double keying of information.

Return to Top
#2009284 - 04/21/15 06:06 PM Re: CTR Information Gathering CUCO
CULady Offline
Gold Star
WA
I always had trouble with the tellers filling out the business accounts, DBAs and who was conducting the transactions. It became easier and faster for me to fill out the form instead of correcting their errors. Turnover in the teller area here is TERRIBLE and the less work I gave them to do the less mess I have to clean up!

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z