Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2024817 - 07/02/15 06:29 PM Merger/Acquisition BSA Due Diligence
Calmeida12 Offline
100 Club
Does anyone have a questionnaire or follow specific guidelines of what to ask as far as BSA of the prospective bank that is being bought or acquired? Thank you.

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#2025681 - 07/07/15 06:00 PM Re: Merger/Acquisition BSA Due Diligence Calmeida12
Elwood P. Dowd Offline
10K Club
Elwood P. Dowd
Next to Harvey
The quickest (and probably smartest) thing to do would be to use the core examination procedures in the FFIEC manual.

If you buy the bank, you buy the BSA/AML program, warts and all. You need to know what you have and, in the case of a bank with BSA problems, I have seen the purchase price negotiated downward after the BSA/AML review.

Return to Top
#2025690 - 07/07/15 06:08 PM Re: Merger/Acquisition BSA Due Diligence Calmeida12
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Reviewing their latest independent BSA audit and if any of the scope, breadth and quality of the independent reviewer is in question, get another one or do one yourself.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z