Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Thread Options
#214341 - 07/23/04 09:25 PM Re: Best/Worst Commercials
EdOils Offline
Platinum Poster
EdOils
Louisiana
Quote:

This one shows my age but..... best I can remember it was a McDonald's commercial with the little ones who were at camp and it rained and rained......the camp leaders loaded them up and took them to McDonald's all dressed in their little yellow rain slickers and they looked like little yellow ducks! Some little tune went along with it. I call it the "quack-quack-waddle-waddle" commercial.

I liked that commercial. The song went: "We are nipersinkers (or something that sounds like that) and we're in luck. If it rains all day, we'll pretend we are ducks. Quack-quack, waddle-waddle, quack-quack, waddle-waddle."

Ok, now I've made a fool of myself.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#214342 - 07/26/04 01:15 PM Re: Best/Worst Commercials
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Quote:

This one shows my age but..... best I can remember it was a McDonald's commercial with the little ones who were at camp and it rained and rained......the camp leaders loaded them up and took them to McDonald's all dressed in their little yellow rain slickers and they looked like little yellow ducks! Some little tune went along with it. I call it the "quack-quack-waddle-waddle" commercial.

Wow, I had forgotten about that, but as soon as I read quack quack waddle waddle I remembered it and smiled. It was a great commercial.

Return to Top
#214343 - 07/26/04 10:47 PM Re: Best/Worst Commercials
CRAatBOK Offline

Power Poster
Further South than I wanna be.
There is a new commercial for Kayopectate where a guy is walking around carrying a toilet. He doesn't want to get to far from it. It is disgusting, especially when he gets relief from the Kayo and walks off leaving the toilet on the street. Yuk.

Return to Top
#214344 - 07/27/04 01:47 PM Re: Best/Worst Commercials
Red Offline
Gold Star
Red
New England
Not sure if you have them outside of where I am, but I love the commercial for the amusement park (six flags, maybe?) that has a bus pull up in front of a house and an old bald man in a suit gets off the bus and starts dancing. Next shot is he's on the rides with the family dancing. I could watch it over and over. I also like the commercial where the real cats are partying and one has a lampshade over his head the the family comes home and all the cats split. I think its for litter. See, the commercials stick with me but the products don't. Maybe the marketers need to revisit their methods.

I hate the nail fungus commercials. I like the ID theft commercials. I hate feminine product commercials. I like the anti-depressant RX commercials with the sad little ball. I hate Walmart commercials with the bouncing happy face .

Return to Top
#214345 - 07/27/04 02:48 PM Re: Best/Worst Commercials
COMPLIcated Offline
Diamond Poster
OK
Quote:

I hate feminine product commercials.

I was waiting on someone to mention these...they are getting out of hand IMO! Now they are right up there with commercials for condoms! The one where they use a tampon to plug a leak in a boat (come on, we really don't need to see it out of the wrapper on national TV) and the one where it talks about how products are made to help prevent odors when bending, etc. Come on - where is the FCC now??!!

Return to Top
#214346 - 07/27/04 03:57 PM Re: Best/Worst Commercials
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

I love the commercial for the amusement park (six flags, maybe?) that has a bus pull up in front of a house and an old bald man in a suit gets off the bus and starts dancing. Next shot is he's on the rides with the family dancing. I could watch it over and over.

You have GOT to be kidding! We have that one here too and it completely creeps me out. His rhythmic jerking and facial expressions make me want throw up! I watch it over and over - but all I can think about is that it's some advertising executive's idea of what Michael Jackson will look like 20 years from now, dancing, luring kids off to a land of roller coater rides... My wife says I'm crazy and rolls her eyes every time it comes on!

Return to Top
#214347 - 07/27/04 07:12 PM Re: Best/Worst Commercials
EdOils Offline
Platinum Poster
EdOils
Louisiana
I saw this one yesterday morning and laughed out loud. Staples has a new ad for Back to School. There is a middle school aged girl standing in the store and she says, "I thought you said school's out forever." The camera angle changes and shows Alice Cooper. His song plays in the background and he says, "No, I said school's out for summer. Nice try, though." Funny stuff, especially since there is at least one line in the song that says, "School's out forever."

Return to Top
#214348 - 07/27/04 07:22 PM Re: Best/Worst Commercials
Bartman Offline
Diamond Poster
Bartman
Springfield
TNT ran an ad during the basketball playoffs - I think it was a public service announcement, but I was never able to watch it all the way through without laughing myself to tears...

There's a guy walking his little dog in a park. The dog runs ahead, picks something up & starts dragging it around. Owner: "What you got there, Sparky?" He comes closer. "Looks like some poor guy lost his butt..." Camera shot of the dog gnawing on rubber butt cheeks. "...must've lost it playing with his kids."

Were they actually selling a product, or was it just a reminder to go out & play? (This would be a good complement to the recent Nickelodeon campaign.)

Return to Top
#214349 - 07/27/04 07:54 PM Re: Best/Worst Commercials
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
I saw this just the other day. It is a public service anouncement by one of the government groups to go outside and play with your kids for 30 minutes a day, and you will be in better shape and lose some weight. It really is funny.

The other one, and it may be regional, shows a long line in a "burger" establishment, and a second cashier walks up, half the line moves, and the guy says "dued, I'm on break." Everyone has to move back. I find it funny because we have all experienced this, but we continue to go to these places.

Return to Top
#214350 - 07/27/04 09:27 PM Re: Best/Worst Commercials
cbu3 Offline
Gold Star
CA
I thought of another fun one. It was from the last election . . . does anyone else remember the Snickers commercial that showed a man trying to decide which candidate to vote for? There was a little elephant sitting on the guy's right shoulder, and a little donkey sitting on his left shoulder, each trying to convince the man to vote for that "candidate." The exchange went back and forth, and finally the little elephant told the guy that he wore the same size pants as his (the elephant's) father, and the little donkey responded "I invented pants."

I think that it might have been for Snickers.

Return to Top
#214351 - 07/27/04 09:29 PM Re: Best/Worst Commercials
MB Guy Offline
10K Club
Way, way south.
Quote:

I thought of another fun one. It was from the last election . . . does anyone else remember the Snickers commercial that showed a man trying to decide which candidate to vote for? There was a little elephant sitting on the guy's right shoulder, and a little donkey sitting on his left shoulder, each trying to convince the man to vote for that "candidate." The exchange went back and forth, and finally the little elephant told the guy that he wore the same size pants as his (the elephant's) father, and the little donkey responded "I invented pants."

I think that it might have been for Snickers.

Don't remember it, but that is a funny commercial.

Return to Top
#214352 - 07/28/04 01:28 PM Re: Best/Worst Commercials
deppfan Offline
Power Poster
All over the map.
I loved that one.

Return to Top
#214353 - 07/28/04 02:42 PM Re: Best/Worst Commercials
Tena Offline
One of the funniest banking commercials was a Washington Mutual commercial for a mortgage (at one time there was a link on BOL to it). A man has several bad events happen to him (dentist works on wrong teeth, coffee is spilled on him, hit with bowling ball) however he is happy through it all. It was really funny.

Return to Top
#214354 - 08/05/04 02:59 PM Re: Best/Worst Commercials
Cryin&Complyin Offline
100 Club
Cryin&Complyin
The Deep South
Quote:

Quote:

I hate feminine product commercials.

The one where they use a tampon to plug a leak in a boat (come on, we really don't need to see it out of the wrapper on national TV)

YIKES, please tell me you're kidding! I have not seen that one...wonder if the Coast Guard recommends that as useful in a boating emergency...

As a woman, I too HATE those commercials...but I also don't want to hear about the "male itch" in the Gold Bond commercials either. Ya know, it is just TMI for me...

Return to Top
#214355 - 08/05/04 03:16 PM Re: Best/Worst Commercials
Anonymous
Unregistered

The guy licking the chocolate brownie mix off the beaters while they're still on the hand mixer. Of course, he turns it on and his tongue gets caught so he talks like he's got a mouth full of marbles as he explains he only eats brownie milk shakes from ________ now. (See the company name doesn't even stay in your head. The tongue thing is so stupid!)

Return to Top
#214356 - 08/05/04 03:17 PM Re: Best/Worst Commercials
Anonymous
Unregistered

mmm. Dairy Queen Brownie batter Blizzards. They're AWESOME!!

Return to Top
#214357 - 08/05/04 03:20 PM Re: Best/Worst Commercials
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Cryin' but Complyin'- I just LOVE your moniker!

Return to Top
#214358 - 08/05/04 05:38 PM Re: Best/Worst Commercials
RR Jen Offline
Power Poster
RR Jen
Running and riding everywhere ...
The latest Sonic commercial really annoys me. It's the one where the guy thinks the car hop is sweet on him and he yells out the window "I LIKE YOU TOO!"

Return to Top
#214359 - 08/05/04 07:13 PM Re: Best/Worst Commercials
Skunk Boy Offline
Diamond Poster
Skunk Boy
R.I.P. Chief Illiniwek
My favorite commercial, although I haven't seen it in a while, was for Eggo Syrup. (they are in a boardroom talking about launching the new product)

"Now this begs the questions, why have we not thought about this before? Come on people, it's syrup! We make waffles!!! This isn't rocket science!!!"

Return to Top
#214360 - 08/05/04 07:23 PM Re: Best/Worst Commercials
D2Xs Offline
Power Poster
D2Xs
The worst one I have seen recently is for Old Navy. Where the boy gets all excited about cutting the grass. He is a terrible actor.

Return to Top
#214361 - 08/05/04 07:27 PM Re: Best/Worst Commercials
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
Yo quiero Taco Bell!

Return to Top
#214362 - 08/05/04 07:35 PM Re: Best/Worst Commercials
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Quote:

The worst one I have seen recently is for Old Navy. Where the boy gets all excited about cutting the grass. He is a terrible actor.

I think that was the point of the commercial...

Return to Top
#214363 - 08/05/04 07:45 PM Re: Best/Worst Commercials
MB Guy Offline
10K Club
Way, way south.
Quote:

Cryin' but Complyin'- I just LOVE your moniker!

Yes, excellent name selection!

Return to Top
#214364 - 08/05/04 08:07 PM Re: Best/Worst Commercials
D2Xs Offline
Power Poster
D2Xs
Quote:

Quote:

I think that was the point of the commercial...

It doesn't make it any less annoying.

Return to Top
#214365 - 08/05/04 08:12 PM Re: Best/Worst Commercials
La. Lady Offline
Diamond Poster
La. Lady
Quote:

Ditech.com (Aarrgghhh) and love the GEICO commercials. BTW, ya'll have mentioned commercials I have NEVER seen! Oh..and actually, I kinda think the Orkin one is kinda neat! haha!

Ditto! I also like the one with the guy dressed in the suits used when hazardous chemicals are "out and about"...He knocks over some vial and then says he stayed at a Holiday Inn Express the night before.....the dude on the end fall back .....

Return to Top
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5