Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Thread Options
#250173 - 09/29/04 01:01 PM last day posting?
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
Okay guys, I'm planning on winning the powerball tonight (if I remember to actually buy a ticket). So, with the $128 million in pocket, I'm fairly certain that I can retire from banking. So, I just thought I'd say goodbye and goodluck. I'll be at the Lamborghini dealer tomorrow looking at the Diablo Countach S...should I go for yellow, black or red? What the heck, I'll get one of each.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#250174 - 09/29/04 01:05 PM Re: last day posting?
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
Quote:

Okay guys, I'm planning on winning the powerball tonight (if I remember to actually buy a ticket). So, with the $128 million in pocket, I'm fairly certain that I can retire from banking. So, I just thought I'd say goodbye and goodluck. I'll be at the Lamborghini dealer tomorrow looking at the Diablo Countach S...should I go for yellow, black or red? What the heck, I'll get one of each.

You are thinking too small Happy. If you win, don't visit a dealer--go to the manufacturer.

Return to Top
#250175 - 09/29/04 01:08 PM Re: last day posting?
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Best of luck!

Return to Top
#250176 - 09/29/04 01:59 PM Re: last day posting?
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Quote:

Quote:

You are thinking too small Happy. If you win, don't visit a dealer--go to the manufacturer.

EXACTLY, and then don't buy red yellow or black, buy a DEALERSHIP and drive whatever you want that day!

Return to Top
#250177 - 09/29/04 02:08 PM Re: last day posting?
Fork Ate Spoon Offline
Diamond Poster
Fork Ate Spoon
Between Here and There
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

EXACTLY, and then don't buy red yellow or black, buy a DEALERSHIP and drive whatever you want that day!

Forget all that, just buy me a Lambo, a Black Murcielago please. I promise I'll pay you back

Return to Top
#250178 - 09/29/04 02:43 PM Re: last day posting?
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Quote:

But if you try to import directly from Italy, they still have to do the smog conversion, and you are paying a higher tax rate as well. Now that I'm wealthy, I need to be even more vigilant as to where my dollars are going.

Quote:

Michael, you miss the point, I won't want the headaches of having to manage anyone, so buying the dealership would be pointless. However, if I were to buy it and let you run it, maybe I wouldn't have any headaches...hmmmmm.

Return to Top
#250179 - 09/29/04 02:47 PM Re: last day posting?
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
Quote:

With your money, I am sure you can give them your exact specifications and modifications and they will build it for you without the need for modification. Or you could stay in an Italian villa and stop by daily to oversee the production of your one of a kind auto.

Return to Top
#250180 - 09/29/04 04:18 PM Re: last day posting?
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Quote:

Michael, you miss the point, I won't want the headaches of having to manage anyone, so buying the dealership would be pointless. However, if I were to buy it and let you run it, maybe I wouldn't have any headaches...hmmmmm.

LOL how many dealership OWNERS go into work each day? That's why they hire managers and open multiple dealerships under the same name and you have (Insert Owner Name) Ford Lincoln Mercury, (Insert Owner Name) Hyundai, (Insert Owner Name) Chevy, etc.

Return to Top
#250181 - 09/29/04 06:37 PM Re: last day posting?
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
way too much trouble, I just want to lay on the beach, drive my Lamborghini, ride my back, and possibly own a soccer team or two...nothing taxing or strenuous

Return to Top
#250182 - 09/29/04 07:00 PM Re: last day posting?
Paragon Offline
Diamond Poster
Paragon
I'm thinking that you should look into buying your own Island. Here is one: Half Moon Cay, a lush 9.2-acre island in the Western Caribbean that is currently for sale. They don't mention the price, but that should not be a problem for you, well perhaps today but not tomorrow.

Of course, you will need to check to see if the Island is still there.

Return to Top
#250183 - 09/29/04 07:19 PM Re: last day posting?
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
My sister and her husband actually owned an island resort at one time, they sold the resort but still maintain 9 condos on the island. If I bought one, it would not be in the caribbean. They are in panic mode every time a hurricane is coming. I'm thinking around Fiji or Aruba...oh, what the hell, I'll by one in each location.

Return to Top
#250184 - 09/29/04 07:40 PM Re: last day posting?
Clown Boy Offline
Power Poster
Clown Boy
here and there
We'll miss you happy!! Just remember, when you win you're gonna have alot of "long lost" friends and family that you have never met asking you to lend them money. On this note can you lend me a few thousand? I think my cousin's brother-inlaw went to school with your 3rd Cousin's father's ex-wife's friend Sally...See we're almost brothers...

Return to Top
#250185 - 09/30/04 12:02 PM Re: last day posting?
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
So, did you win???

Return to Top
#250186 - 09/30/04 12:35 PM Re: last day posting?
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
It was very close, I was only 6 numbers off...

Return to Top
#250187 - 09/30/04 12:41 PM Re: last day posting?
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Well, at least you don't have to decide what color car you want...

Return to Top
#250188 - 09/30/04 01:47 PM Re: last day posting?
Princess Leia Offline
Diamond Poster
Alderaan
Quote:

But there's always Saturday . . . I think it's over $150 million now

Return to Top
#250189 - 09/30/04 01:55 PM Re: last day posting?
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Quote:

Quote:

Wow, so all the I only play when the pot is HUGE players will be out. As if $60 million isn't worth trying for.

Return to Top
#250190 - 09/30/04 03:44 PM Re: last day posting?
Paragon Offline
Diamond Poster
Paragon
I hate to say this, Michael, as I'm normally an upbeat type of person, but is it not a fact that virtually all those that play the lotto are losers? Of course, that is literally true, but I'm not sure if it's the people that play or the fact that they play.

Return to Top
#250191 - 09/30/04 04:00 PM Re: last day posting?
D2Xs Offline
Power Poster
D2Xs
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Wow, so all the I only play when the pot is HUGE players will be out. As if $60 million isn't worth trying for.

I say if your going to do something do it big. Can't win if you don't play. Usually can't win when you do play but at least it is fun and entertaining.

Return to Top
#250192 - 09/30/04 04:03 PM Re: last day posting?
Gigi2Three Offline
Gold Star
Gigi2Three
Quote:

I hate to say this, Michael, as I'm normally an upbeat type of person, but is it not a fact that virtually all those that play the lotto are losers? Of course, that is literally true, but I'm not sure if it's the people that play or the fact that they play.

woooo hoooo! So does this mean Oklahomans are WINNERS, since the lottery is illegal here?

Return to Top
#250193 - 09/30/04 04:12 PM Re: last day posting?
Paragon Offline
Diamond Poster
Paragon
Quote:

Quote:

woooo hoooo! So does this mean Oklahomans are WINNERS, since the lottery is illegal here?

Given the facts, that appears to be true.

Return to Top
#250194 - 09/30/04 04:40 PM Re: last day posting?
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Quote:

No, not everyone who plays the lotto is a loser. Every once in a while someone wins... And I know several professionals who play once in a while on the pure chance that they MIGHT win. In fact, every year on my birthday I buy one ticket no matter what the level of the prize is. I figure someday I might get an extra present!

Return to Top
#250195 - 09/30/04 04:46 PM Re: last day posting?
Fork Ate Spoon Offline
Diamond Poster
Fork Ate Spoon
Between Here and There
Quote:

Quote:

No, not everyone who plays the lotto is a loser. Every once in a while someone wins... And I know several professionals who play once in a while on the pure chance that they MIGHT win. In fact, every year on my birthday I buy one ticket no matter what the level of the prize is. I figure someday I might get an extra present!

But I take you have not "won" the lottery yet, so technically you are considered a "loser"
Makes me a bigger loser since I buy one at least once a week

Return to Top
#250196 - 09/30/04 05:10 PM Re: last day posting?
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
Quote:

So does this mean Oklahomans are WINNERS, since the lottery is illegal here?

But you have tribal gaming, which makes most people losers at the expense of favored groups.

Return to Top
#250197 - 09/30/04 05:35 PM Re: last day posting?
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

But I take you have not "won" the lottery yet, so technically you are considered a "loser"
Makes me a bigger loser since I buy one at least once a week

Are you any more or less a loser than when you rent a DVD and the movie turns out to be bad? I'd say less. I used to buy Lottery tix with some neighbors just as entertainment. We'd get together just before the drawing each week to see if we won. Then we'd laugh and tear up our losing tix. Occasionally, we'd win a little money, but that was not the point. It was entertainment. And at a dollar a ticket, it was cheap entertainment.

Return to Top
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4