Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Thread Options
#250248 - 10/02/04 01:56 AM Re: last day posting?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

I RESENT THAT REMARK

Even that is a lie. There is no "I" part as you are anon. Register, perhaps as Fat White Man? That way, resentment will be taken seriously.

Also, did you know that for a time ranging roughly from the last part of the 17th century to the second half of the 18th, the word resent could refer to gratitude and appreciation as well as injury and insult. So, with you living in the dark ages, thinking wise, what do you mean by resent anyway?

Actually Paragon per your comments earlier it is imprudent to say the least to have identifying information connected to your online persona...sooooo we are all actually anon's are we not? Let me know!

Touché...

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#250249 - 10/02/04 09:43 PM Re: last day posting?
Paragon Offline
Diamond Poster
Paragon
Quote:

Quote:

I RESENT THAT REMARK

Even that is a lie. There is no "I" part as you are anon. Register, perhaps as Fat White Man? That way, resentment will be taken seriously.

Also, did you know that for a time ranging roughly from the last part of the 17th century to the second half of the 18th, the word resent could refer to gratitude and appreciation as well as injury and insult. So, with you living in the dark ages, thinking wise, what do you mean by resent anyway?

Actually Paragon per your comments earlier it is imprudent to say the least to have identifying information connected to your online persona...sooooo we are all actually anon's are we not? Let me know!

I really don't understand your statement, but yes, most of us are anons even registered posters and that is a good thing.

Return to Top
#250250 - 10/03/04 12:23 AM Re: last day posting?
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
Quote:

Bush tells the truth as he knows the truth to be.

OK, P, substitute any name you like for Bush...try Moore, Paragon, Me or Z and you have the basis of this whole discussion. Truth as spoken by any person is a perception. It is what that individual PERCEIVES to be the truth. Just because another person perceives the same thing differently does not make them a liar. Your statement of what you believe to be fact, whether I agree with you or not, is truth. Your truth. I would never stoop to call you a liar. Are you capable of trying to get someone to change their perception about the truth of something without resorting to name calling and acting like a bully? When you stick to the facts, you can be one heck of a persuasive writer. But the minute you slide down into the muck, you loose our attention and your chance to prove your point.

Return to Top
#250251 - 10/03/04 06:04 PM Re: last day posting?
Paragon Offline
Diamond Poster
Paragon
Quote:

Quote:

Bush tells the truth as he knows the truth to be.

OK, P, substitute any name you like for Bush...try Moore, Paragon, Me or Z and you have the basis of this whole discussion. Truth as spoken by any person is a perception. It is what that individual PERCEIVES to be the truth. Just because another person perceives the same thing differently does not make them a liar. Your statement of what you believe to be fact, whether I agree with you or not, is truth. Your truth. I would never stoop to call you a liar. Are you capable of trying to get someone to change their perception about the truth of something without resorting to name calling and acting like a bully? When you stick to the facts, you can be one heck of a persuasive writer. But the minute you slide down into the muck, you loose our attention and your chance to prove your point.

I think that you missed the point - I believe that Moore knows what the truth is (at the level of why Bush went to war, etc), but is a slave to a political agenda with that agenda way more important than the truth.

We are all liars, every single one of us. With that said, few of us are out there trying to convince people that black is white, knowing that black is black.

As for a perception of bullying or calling people names, I don’t see it that way. Name calling virtually never starts with me, unless it’s an attempt at humor. Bullying, to me, is more of a reflection of the weakness of the argument against the thought that I’ve posted.

Actually, the truth scares people. As stated in a recent movie, most people cannot handle the truth.

You know, sometimes one needs to muck around to get to the truth. And, sometimes mucking around is fun - at least fun for me!

Return to Top
#250252 - 10/03/04 06:08 PM Re: last day posting?
someone else Offline
Power Poster
someone else
back to my roots
Paragon - what are you doing here on a Sunday ?

Return to Top
#250253 - 10/03/04 06:23 PM Re: last day posting?
Paragon Offline
Diamond Poster
Paragon
I'm preparing for a conversion, upgrade really, so I'm just checking things out to make sure we are ready as it's my butt if it doesn't work out. It's another one of my hats. I always stop by BOL to see what is happening.

And you?
Last edited by Paragon; 10/03/04 06:24 PM.
Return to Top
#250254 - 10/03/04 06:29 PM Re: last day posting?
someone else Offline
Power Poster
someone else
back to my roots
Punishing myself by working...on a Sunday of all days...should be a day of rest and relaxation. Oh well, no one to blame but myself for being here. Right?

Return to Top
#250255 - 10/03/04 08:50 PM Re: last day posting?
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
You should just check the threads at home. Then it is relaxation.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#250256 - 10/03/04 08:56 PM Re: last day posting?
someone else Offline
Power Poster
someone else
back to my roots
No, see you have it all wrong. At home I have a small child. Therefore, working at the office on a Sunday is probably more rest and relaxation than I would be getting at home!

What are you doing here??

Return to Top
#250257 - 10/04/04 10:27 PM Re: last day posting?
Gigi2Three Offline
Gold Star
Gigi2Three
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I RESENT THAT REMARK

I really don't understand your statement, but yes, most of us are anons even registered posters and that is a good thing.

P - What part do you not understand?

Return to Top
#250258 - 10/04/04 11:12 PM Re: last day posting?
Paragon Offline
Diamond Poster
Paragon
The entire statement, but specifically the use of the word "imprudent." Since I've not connected any ID information to my identity, what's your point and how am I imprudent?

Return to Top
#250259 - 10/05/04 04:51 PM Re: last day posting?
Gigi2Three Offline
Gold Star
Gigi2Three
In some earlier post (unsure of thread) you were speaking on the dangers of personal information someone could get from your username etc... I was agreeing that it is imprudent so even if we log in with a username we are all still or should be very much anonymous. So even if someone posts as anon they are still as anon as people with usernames. That is basically all I am saying.

Return to Top
#250260 - 10/05/04 05:01 PM Re: last day posting?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

In some earlier post (unsure of thread) you were speaking on the dangers of personal information someone could get from your username etc... I was agreeing that it is imprudent so even if we log in with a username we are all still or should be very much anonymous. So even if someone posts as anon they are still as anon as people with usernames. That is basically all I am saying.

Stalker Warning

Return to Top
#250261 - 10/05/04 05:10 PM Re: last day posting?
Gigi2Three Offline
Gold Star
Gigi2Three
yup...thanks that's the thread...

Return to Top
#250262 - 10/06/04 03:06 PM Re: last day posting?
Paragon Offline
Diamond Poster
Paragon

Thanks for clarifying.

I’ve been advocating no ID, even the name of your institution for several months at least. Sometimes it’s easy to forget that this is an open forum, so all posts are public and the public entity as a whole can be very strange. There are several posters that we all know way too much about, professionally and personally. I view that as not a good thing. Personal safety is the issue.

Return to Top
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4