Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#251931 - 10/04/04 01:44 PM Sweet Victory!
DawgFan Offline
Diamond Poster
DawgFan
United States
Sorry, I'm not gloating, because LSU was still the better team last year, but I've been waiting for this for a long time!!

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#251932 - 10/04/04 02:25 PM Re: Sweet Victory!
kfh Offline
100 Club
GA
I'll second that

Return to Top
#251933 - 10/04/04 03:19 PM Re: Sweet Victory!
Geaux Tigers - PL Offline
100 Club
Geaux Tigers - PL
Texas
Every Dawg has it's day. We got you guys twice last years so I'm sure we had this coming. You guys whipped us on Saturday and are certainly the better team at this point. Kudos to you and good luck the rest of the year. Maybe you guys can follow through and make it back to back SEC schools with National Champ titles!
Hate losing, but I can stomach a loss to UGA better than one to Auburn or Florida!
Good luck

Return to Top
#251934 - 10/04/04 04:21 PM Re: Sweet Victory!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Sorry, I'm not gloating, because LSU was still the better team last year, but I've been waiting for this for a long time!!

Way to go...DawgFan!! That win made the Gamecocks look good. We cracked the Top 25 this week. I still say I hope we both go undefeated the rest of the way! Go Dawgs and Cocks!!!!

Return to Top
#251935 - 10/04/04 04:35 PM Re: Sweet Victory!
DawgFan Offline
Diamond Poster
DawgFan
United States
TBB, I assume that's you. Carolina got a win that they definitely needed this weekend. They have Ole Miss and Kentucky the next two weekends, then a week off to prepare for the Volunteers. They should be 6-1 going into the bye weekend, then they get Tennessee at home, and I think the Tennessee game is a game that Carolina should win. Florida is the toughest game left on your schedule, in my mind. Carolina will need to open up a passing game to beat the Gators. Carolina will go to a bowl game this year, and is still in the hunt in the East. I see them finishing third in the SEC East, and quite possibly second or even first (UGA would have to lose two or more SEC games and Carolina would need to beat Florida). Second becomes a great possibility if Florida loses this weekend (Geaux Tigahs).

UGA played near perfection this weekend. This won't happen every weekend, but if the Dawgs play with that mentality the rest of the way, I can definitely see them in a BCS game at the end of the year. These are college kids, though, and UGA has had injury problems, so we will have to see. Carolina controls its own destiny here, because they can beat Tennessee, and the Gators still have to play LSU and UGA (which isn't a game that I put in the win column until it actually happens, but I expect UGA to win). Right now, I see UGA and Auburn playing twice this year. But this is early October, and with Tennessee, Florida, Auburn, and Arkansas on the schedule, anything can happen.

Return to Top
#251936 - 10/04/04 08:08 PM Re: Sweet Victory!
Queen Mum Offline
Power Poster
Queen Mum
OK
Yeah, you are knocking on our door. We have our big game this week with Texas. A lot is riding on this game for us. USC is probably out for revenge against Cal too. I was happy to see you put it to LSU. Just hoping we can stay that step ahead of you! We still have some tough games coming up so have to stay focused. Although I know you can't help but think of the upcoming weekend for weeks (I don't care if the coaches say they don't think about it until that week.)

Return to Top
#251937 - 10/05/04 03:10 PM Re: Sweet Victory!
Geaux Tigers - PL Offline
100 Club
Geaux Tigers - PL
Texas
Quote:

I was happy to see you put it to LSU.

At least we will always have our Sugar Bowl Victory and National Championship!

Return to Top
#251938 - 10/31/04 01:57 AM Re: Sweet Victory!
DawgFan Offline
Diamond Poster
DawgFan
United States
All I have to say is...
(that's 31 grins- one for each point UGA scored).

Return to Top
#251939 - 10/31/04 02:51 AM Re: Sweet Victory!
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
Quote:

Quote:

I was happy to see you put it to LSU.

At least we will always have our Sugar Bowl Victory and National Championship!

I think UGA has one too.

Return to Top