Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#252318 - 10/04/04 10:17 PM Bush's grimaces
billhilly Offline
Anyone else notice Bush's various looks of disgust while Kerry was answering questions? I have a theory as to why he looked so incredulous during Kerry's responses. For at least the last four years, Bush has not been in a room with a single dissenter. Bush has surrounded himself with similar thinking neo-cons and have governed largely by "groupthink". Those who do not believe in the Presidents views are shortly either fired or have limited access. Personally, I think that those in power should encourage opposition during their meetings and policy discussions, but this President does not allow that behavior. Naturally, when faced with someone with a coherent, rational reason for disagreeing with his policies, Bush looked like he had just sucked lemons.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#252319 - 10/04/04 10:21 PM Re: Bush's grimaces
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
Quote:

Anyone else notice Bush's various looks of disgust while Kerry was answering questions?

Yes, the DNC. Thanks for posting their e-mail.

Return to Top
#252320 - 10/04/04 10:36 PM Re: Bush's grimaces
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
But just think of the late night jokes he's inspired. The skits on Saturday Night Live should be a hoot this week

I bet he can't play poker. That face wouldn't bluff any player! It wasn't a shining moment for the presidency.

CRA Rating is in...Oh who cares...I'm home with the baby.

Return to Top
#252321 - 10/04/04 10:45 PM Re: Bush's grimaces
Fraudman CFCI Offline
Power Poster
Fraudman CFCI
Land of Steady Habits
And which liberal talk show host did you hear this from?

Return to Top
#252322 - 10/04/04 11:03 PM Re: Bush's grimaces
Paragon Offline
Diamond Poster
Paragon
Anyone else notice Bush's various looks of disgust while Kerry was answering questions?

You have got one more than passingly strange thought process. W has been in the same room as lots of leaders of foreign countries that are not on board. No one in his cabinet is a push over. Possibly, there is a bubble in your think tank on this issue.

Return to Top
#252323 - 10/04/04 11:44 PM Re: Bush's grimaces
billhilly Offline
I said it was MY theory. Not some talk show host, not from the DNC, etc. He kinda looked like a spoiled kid who has been pampered and had his way all through adolescence and then had to grow up overnight when faced with someone who opposed him. Perhaps this first debate opened his eyes and he will be better prepared for the next encounter. Rove and his handlers better prepare him to doodle or something while Kerry is ripping apart his "policies".

Return to Top
#252324 - 10/04/04 11:49 PM Re: Bush's grimaces
Fraudman CFCI Offline
Power Poster
Fraudman CFCI
Land of Steady Habits
And I suppose the "orange tan" on Kerry's face would endear him to the diplomatic community around the world? Come on! I rather have a non-poker face!

Return to Top
#252325 - 10/04/04 11:52 PM Re: Bush's grimaces
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

And I suppose the "orange tan" on Kerry's face would endear him to the diplomatic community around the world? Come on! I rather have a non-poker face!

Perhaps Kerry is trying to appears as a "man of color?"

Return to Top
#252326 - 10/05/04 01:04 PM Re: Bush's grimaces
hobot Offline
Gold Star
hobot
I agree, it wasn't a shining moment. In fact, it reminded me of Gore in the last round of presidential debates, and I hated it when Gore did it too. As others have mentioned, Bush is able to control his facial features at many other times, so I was a little surprised by it. I hope it stops!

I'm a republican and will still vote for Bush, but SNL should be good!

Return to Top
#252327 - 10/05/04 01:06 PM Re: Bush's grimaces
blvsinangels Offline
Gold Star
I think it was more of a "how can anyone believe, let alone vote for this guy" look!

Return to Top
#252328 - 10/05/04 01:24 PM Re: Bush's grimaces
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Quote:

I think it was more of a "how can anyone believe, let alone vote for this guy" look!

I did too. The fact that the President's facial expressions mirrored my own and my children wanted to know why I threw the remote (yes, after the debate I had to buy another) let me know we are on the same page. Kerry is backstepping and trying to cover his biggest problem (other than covering his orange fake tan), and it was so obvious a lie it sickened my stomach.

Return to Top
#252329 - 10/05/04 01:59 PM Re: Bush's grimaces
Anonymous
Unregistered

Faces

You broke your remote!? Oh, my, god! You need to seek immediate help in coping with life.

Return to Top
#252330 - 10/05/04 02:11 PM Re: Bush's grimaces
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Quote:

Faces

You broke your remote!? Oh, my, god! You need to seek immediate help in coping with life.

No, I just got frustrated after listening to an hour of Kerry telling boldfaced lies and talking out his ass instead of conforming with his voting record. He says one thing, does another.

Return to Top
#252331 - 10/05/04 03:30 PM Re: Bush's grimaces
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

No, I just got frustrated

That is what you need help with. What do you do when the Bungles, errrr....I mean Bengals play!?

Return to Top
#252332 - 10/05/04 04:07 PM Re: Bush's grimaces
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Quote:

Quote:

That is what you need help with. What do you do when the Bungles, errrr....I mean Bengals play!?

I get frustrated and very excited depending on which team shows up. Like right now, I would very much like to punch a wall, but I won't because Justin Smith just got himself arrested for DUI...

I don't need help with frustration, it's a natural emotion, and perfectly acceptable. It's how you handle it that determines if you need help. After seeing Kerry lie some more, I chucked my remote. I didn't chuck it at anyone and I didn't break anything.

Return to Top
#252333 - 10/05/04 04:10 PM Re: Bush's grimaces
Lissa P. Offline
Gold Star
Texas, USA
He catches a lot of flack for not having the poker face of a "politician"... I'll take a statesman over a politician any day.

Return to Top
#252334 - 10/05/04 04:13 PM Re: Bush's grimaces
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I get frustrated and very excited depending on which team shows up. Like right now, I would very much like to punch a wall, but I won't because Justin Smith just got himself arrested for DUI...

I don't need help with frustration, it's a natural emotion, and perfectly acceptable. It's how you handle it that determines if you need help. After seeing Kerry lie some more, I chucked my remote. I didn't chuck it at anyone and I didn't break anything.

EXCEPT for the remote.....???

Return to Top
#252335 - 10/05/04 04:35 PM Re: Bush's grimaces
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Naw the remote hit cushions and didn't break :P

Return to Top
#252336 - 10/05/04 04:36 PM Re: Bush's grimaces
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I did, however, finally break down and buy a new one so my DVD player would work on the same remote, and because I thought it was broken because the battery was not making a connection after being jarred by the throw.

Return to Top
#252337 - 10/05/04 04:37 PM Re: Bush's grimaces
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

But you said you had to buy another....

Return to Top
#252338 - 10/05/04 04:38 PM Re: Bush's grimaces
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

I threw the remote (yes, after the debate I had to buy another)

So, it is you that lied!

Return to Top
#252339 - 10/05/04 04:49 PM Re: Bush's grimaces
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Quote:

Quote:

I threw the remote (yes, after the debate I had to buy another)

So, it is you that lied!

Actually, I Michael Moored... I didn't give all the facts in my first post. I did buy a new remote because I thought it was broken, and I needed one that would work with my DVD player. When I returned, the 6 year old, of all people checked the batteries and fixed the old one!

Return to Top