Thread Options
#252583 - 10/05/04 04:16 PM Iran Says Its Missiles Can Now Reach 1,250 Miles
Anonymous
Unregistered

Iran Says Its Missiles Can Now Reach 1,250 Miles

1 hour, 28 minutes ago

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#252584 - 10/05/04 04:17 PM Re: Iran Says Its Missiles Can Now Reach 1,250 Miles
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Iran Says Its Missiles Can Now Reach 1,250 Miles

1 hour, 28 minutes ago

Here is the link Iran Missiles

Return to Top
#252585 - 10/05/04 04:24 PM Re: Iran Says Its Missiles Can Now Reach 1,250 Miles
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
Well, thank God John F. Kerry has a plan to deal with this. What could be more intelligent than providing them with nuclear fuel? Sounds brilliant! Just like the Clinton administration's deft handling of North Korea.

Return to Top
#252586 - 10/05/04 07:33 PM Re: Iran Says Its Missiles Can Now Reach 1,250 Miles
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Well, thank God John F. Kerry has a plan to deal with this. What could be more intelligent than providing them with nuclear fuel? Sounds brilliant! Just like the Clinton administration's deft handling of North Korea.

Yeah, I know....it's never a Republican's fault, is it?

Return to Top
#252587 - 10/05/04 07:36 PM Re: Iran Says Its Missiles Can Now Reach 1,250 Miles
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
Quote:

Quote:

Tell me some recent international and domestic matters that you think are the fault of Democrats and I am sure Jokerman will come clean with Republican faults. In fact, if I am not mistaken, he has not always supported all things Republican.

Return to Top
#252588 - 10/05/04 07:42 PM Re: Iran Says Its Missiles Can Now Reach 1,250 Miles
Anonymous
Unregistered

One that comes to mind immediately is Somalia. Clinton really screwed that one up.

Return to Top
#252589 - 10/05/04 08:20 PM Re: Iran Says Its Missiles Can Now Reach 1,250 Miles
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Tell me some recent international and domestic matters that you think are the fault of Democrats and I am sure Jokerman will come clean with Republican faults. In fact, if I am not mistaken, he has not always supported all things Republican.

Z, you are correct that I would not support all things Republican. But I do find the current Republican President to be much more credible on national security issues than his opponent.

Chickenon, I guess if you want to fault the administration for not yet having taken military action against the Iranian mullahs, that's a defensible position. I am currently trusting that they are readying for what will probably require this action, eventually, unless an uprising by the people of Iran prevents it.

However, something tells me you wouldn't be happy with taking action, either.

Return to Top
#252590 - 10/05/04 08:26 PM Re: Iran Says Its Missiles Can Now Reach 1,250 Miles
straw Offline
Power Poster
straw
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Z, you are correct that I would not support all things Republican. But I do find the current Republican President to be much more credible on national security issues than his opponent.

Chickenon, I guess if you want to fault the administration for not yet having taken military action against the Iranian mullahs, that's a defensible position. I am currently trusting that they are readying for what will probably require this action, eventually, unless an uprising by the people of Iran prevents it.

However, something tells me you wouldn't be happy with taking action, either.

It would be nice if they were readying for this action, but unfortunately, the military is well-taxed with the Iraqi situation, although it appears now that Iran is much closer to producing nuclear weapons than Iraq was.

We do not have the flexibility to deal with Iran, or North Korea, but I am sure you will explain how the President will solve this issue.

Return to Top
#252591 - 10/05/04 08:37 PM Re: Iran Says Its Missiles Can Now Reach 1,250 Miles
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
Quote:

It would be nice if they were readying for this action, but unfortunately, the military is well-taxed with the Iraqi situation, although it appears now that Iran is much closer to producing nuclear weapons than Iraq was.

We do not have the flexibility to deal with Iran, or North Korea, but I am sure you will explain how the President will solve this issue.

Oh, we have plenty of capability to bomb anybody we want to back to the stone age (not that it would require much ordinance to accomplish that in either of these countries).

The fact is, we have both of these countries isolated. Despite John Kerry's best efforts, the administration is not walking away from China and Japan in the talks on North Korea. Our actions in Afghanistan and Iraq have Iran surrounded.

John Kerry says that we could improve our diplomacy with these countries by giving them want they want (nuclear fuel, kicking other countries out of the NK talks). I strongly disagree - I think you improve your diplomacy by showing your strength.

Incidentally, I wonder what impact the pending election has on these countries' negotiating calculus. I know that if I thought I could get a sweetheart deal from the next President, it would sure cause me to delay giving in to the current one.

Return to Top
#252592 - 10/05/04 10:45 PM Re: Iran Says Its Missiles Can Now Reach 1,250 Miles
straw Offline
Power Poster
straw
Last article I saw said military evaluation indicating Iran's facilities are too spread out and too deep to destroy by air.

Also, I hadn't heard Kerry say we should give N. Korea what they want a la Clinton. Can you cite?

Return to Top
#252593 - 10/05/04 11:11 PM Re: Iran Says Its Missiles Can Now Reach 1,250 Miles
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
Quote:

Last article I saw said military evaluation indicating Iran's facilities are too spread out and too deep to destroy by air.

You use a big enough bomb and anything that is left intact won't have anybody around to work on it. At least not after they glow in the dark for a few days. I'm not saying we should do this (though, if it came down to it, it is preferable to letting the Islamofacists get the bomb). I'm saying that it is incorrect to say that we don't have the military capability to end this threat.

Quote:

Also, I hadn't heard Kerry say we should give N. Korea what they want a la Clinton. Can you cite?

Didn't watch the debate, eh? From the most liberal source I could find, so that it would not be questioned:

Quote:

"the United States should have offered the opportunity to provide the nuclear fuel, test them, see whether or not they were actually looking for it for peaceful purposes."

Sharp readers will note that this is the same plan offered North Korea by the Clinton administration.

Return to Top
#252594 - 10/06/04 04:13 PM Re: Iran Says Its Missiles Can Now Reach 1,250 Miles
straw Offline
Power Poster
straw
Thanks; you certainly aren't kidding when you said you found the most liberal source; I think the Village Voice is left of the old Soviet Union TASS news servce.

That is scary, since we know how well that worked with North Korea.

Return to Top