Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#268772 - 10/29/04 06:40 PM What are your children going to be for halloween?
Anonymous
Unregistered

It's always fun to see all the costumes. My daughter is going to be a chocolate kiss (6 years) and my son has the infamous Jason mask. He's 9 and not quite sure about this whole costume/trick or treat thing anymore. Thinking this will be his last year. What other costumes have we got among the BOL children this year?

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#268773 - 10/29/04 06:45 PM Re: What are your children going to be for halloween?
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
My son is going as Noah, and my daughter is going as a little lamb.... She wanted him to be Mary with her lamb costume, but I found a solution....

Return to Top
#268774 - 10/29/04 06:47 PM Re: What are your children going to be for halloween?
MB Guy Offline
10K Club
Way, way south.
Quote:

My son is going as Noah, and my daughter is going as a little lamb.... She wanted him to be Mary with her lamb costume, but I found a solution....

Now THAT is good parenting!

Return to Top
#268775 - 10/29/04 06:48 PM Re: What are your children going to be for halloween?
Bartman Offline
Diamond Poster
Bartman
Springfield
My 3-year-old daughter will be a witch, based primarily on "Monty Python & the Holy Grail". I ask her, "how do I know you're a witch?" She says "because I look like one!"

My 16-year-old-next-week son is in the Halloween-is-beneath-my-attention phase.

My 12-year-old daughter is going as an old woman with one of her friends. I told her to find some clothes in her mother's closet. Then I got in trouble...

Return to Top
#268776 - 10/29/04 06:48 PM Re: What are your children going to be for halloween?
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Quote:

Quote:

The good parenting was not laughing TOO hard when he said DAD! I don't wanna go as a stinky girl! I have to admit I was laughing and I am still laughing when he isn't looking at the whole situation. She knew she wanted to be a lamb and he had no idea what he wanted to be.... so she made a suggestion! FUNNY I TELL YOU, FUNNY!

Return to Top
#268777 - 10/29/04 06:59 PM Re: What are your children going to be for halloween?
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Quote:

My 12-year-old daughter is going as an old woman with one of her friends. I told her to find some clothes in her mother's closet. Then I got in trouble...

LOL, Bartman.

My guy is going as one of two characters from one of his gameboy2 games, his good friend will be the other guy. (Don't ask me who it is, I just know it's he's the red guy and the other is the blue...)

Return to Top
#268778 - 10/29/04 07:28 PM Re: What are your children going to be for halloween?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

The good parenting was not laughing TOO hard when he said DAD! I don't wanna go as a stinky girl! I have to admit I was laughing and I am still laughing when he isn't looking at the whole situation. She knew she wanted to be a lamb and he had no idea what he wanted to be.... so she made a suggestion! FUNNY I TELL YOU, FUNNY!

Not to hijack, but isn't funny what kids say sometimes. The other day I was watching a movie with my daughter (6) and there was a man and woman who kissed. I said, yuck...now that girl has boy germs and my daughter said, Mom, Boy germs are nummy, I've had em before!.....I proceeded to ask her when she tried boy germs and she said, Mom, I kiss Daddy and Grandpa all the time! Whew!

Return to Top
#268779 - 10/29/04 08:33 PM Re: What are your children going to be for halloween?
Angel Eyes Offline
Power Poster
Angel Eyes
My 17 month old twins (boy/girl) are going as a kitty and a puppy and my 5 year old is a bride!

Return to Top
#268780 - 10/29/04 08:45 PM Re: What are your children going to be for halloween?
Little Sister Offline
100 Club
Iowa
My 9 year old son is going as a black cat.

Return to Top
#268781 - 10/29/04 08:51 PM Re: What are your children going to be for halloween?
Beagles22 Offline
Power Poster
State of confusion
My 3 year old is going to be 'Bob the Builder' and he has the whole outfit, bibs, shirt, hat, tools, cell phone, and even the socks and underwear! He keeps asking me to be Wendy, Bob's sidekick, but I just keep telling him his dad should be Wendy .

Return to Top
#268782 - 10/29/04 09:07 PM Re: What are your children going to be for Hallow?
Dan Persfull Online
10K Club
Dan Persfull
Bloomington, IN
My grandson went as Bob the Builder last year in full garb. This year he just had to be Spiderman. He's 5.

Return to Top
#268783 - 11/01/04 02:43 PM Re: What are your children going to be for Hallow?
Patsy Cline Offline
Diamond Poster
Patsy Cline
On the road...
My 3 year old son went as a little devil. He still is not clear on this trick or treat stuff. He was quite surprised that he kept getting candy. Why is everyone giving me candy mom? He had fun looking at all the other kids in costume.

"What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail?" ~ unknown

Return to Top
#268784 - 11/01/04 02:44 PM Re: What are your children going to be for Hallow?
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
The Junebug was a teddy bear and OH BOY was she cute. Esp. by the 3rd house when she'd figured out how to say Trick or Treat (although in Junebug-ese, that's "ticker ticker".)

Volunteered at Boo @ the Zoo yesterday, saw lots of Snow White & Spiderman costumes. Plenty of Disney Princesses in general, but SW was the most popular.

Return to Top
#268785 - 11/01/04 02:45 PM Re: What are your children going to be for Hallow?
MB Guy Offline
10K Club
Way, way south.
I went as a biker dude and my SO went as a geisha, we had fun.

Return to Top
#268786 - 11/01/04 02:49 PM Re: What are your children going to be for Hallow?
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Best costume of the night went to the John Kerry costume that one little boy was wearing.... He colored his skin almost pumpkin orange and had something on to enlarge his chin and kept saying "trick or treat" and would flip flop between trick and treat at my door. I've never laughed so hard.

Return to Top
#268787 - 11/01/04 03:29 PM Re: What are your children going to be for Hallow?
Princess Leia Offline
Diamond Poster
Alderaan
The baby was a ladybug (NOT an Asian Beetle ). Our 8 year old was a character from Yu-Gi-Oh. Boy, do I hope that phase ends soon!

Return to Top
#268788 - 11/01/04 08:48 PM Re: What are your children going to be for Hallow?
Inquisitor / Sommelier Omega Offline
Diamond Poster
Inquisitor / Sommelier Omega
A Grant Wood painting.
My 12 yr old daugter was the Mona Lisa (complete with frame.) My 8 yr old son was John Lennon. He and his best bud (Ringo) sang Yellow Subarine when asked for a trick. They "cleaned up" on the candy.

Return to Top
#268789 - 11/01/04 10:46 PM Re: What are your children going to be for Hallow?
Bones Offline
Power Poster
Bones
Land of Enchantment
My soon-to-be 2 year old son was Winnie the Pooh. CUTE!!! He had so much fun. He even said "twik or tweet" a few times and many "tank you". It was such a joy to watch!

Return to Top