Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Thread Options
#270501 - 11/03/04 06:47 PM cb news
Pumpkin Girl Offline
New Poster
How is life over there? I like the new place. Same old stuff over this way. It was fun seeing your first customer.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#270502 - 11/04/04 03:18 PM Re: cb news
THECradenza Offline
New Poster
Dallas, TX
what up ladies?? looking forward to boozing it up with yall tonight!

Return to Top
#270503 - 11/04/04 03:25 PM Re: cb news
Pumpkin Girl Offline
New Poster
Good morning! Have you had any customers yet? I need to find out what everyone's screen name is. So, what are you drinking tonight?

Return to Top
#270504 - 11/04/04 04:29 PM Re: cb news
THECradenza Offline
New Poster
Dallas, TX
no customers, just a lot of loud ass construction workers and people wanting jobs. not sure what im drinking tonight, i just know i have way too much blood in my alcohol.

Return to Top
#270505 - 11/04/04 04:37 PM Re: cb news
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Hey guys, do you know that there is a private message feature, now that you are registered? Simply click on each other's names, and you can send one. When you see a flashing red envelope by the Welcome Pumpkin Girl or CRADenza, that means you have one!

Return to Top
#270506 - 11/04/04 04:47 PM Re: cb news
Pumpkin Girl Offline
New Poster
Thank you, we are still trying to figure this stuff out.

Return to Top
#270507 - 11/04/04 04:48 PM Re: cb news
ChicagoGuy Offline
Diamond Poster
ChicagoGuy
Chicago, IL
That was nice of them to share with the rest of us!!!

Return to Top
#270508 - 11/04/04 04:59 PM Re: cb news
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
I was afraid it was going to turn Coyote Ugly!

Return to Top
#270509 - 11/04/04 05:26 PM Re: cb news
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Quote:

I was afraid it was going to turn Coyote Ugly!

What's wrong with that? I'm still trying to find a bar like that around here! Anyone notice that not only did they play great music and have good looking women singing on the bar, there was no cigarette smoke?

Return to Top
#270510 - 11/04/04 06:32 PM Re: cb news
Anonymous
Unregistered

We have a Coyote Ugly in Boston. I went there about a month ago and it was very interesting. Luckily, we don't have to deal with smoke either. No one can smoke in bars in MA anymore - YAY!!

Return to Top
#270511 - 11/04/04 06:54 PM Re: cb news
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
Quote:

No one can smoke in bars in MA anymore - YAY!!

Hooray! Bar owners stripped of private property rights!!! Yippee! Let's take away their ability to serve alcohol next!!!

Return to Top
#270512 - 11/04/04 06:59 PM Re: cb news
hobot Offline
Gold Star
hobot
Agreed -- if so many people wanted bars where no one could smoke, why weren't there smoke-free bars open any before the state banned smoking in bars? I just don't get that.

I don't smoke and usually do not go into bars b/c of the smoke -- but that's my choice. A bar owner should have his/her choice to allow its patrons to smoke, IMO.

Return to Top
#270513 - 11/04/04 07:07 PM Re: cb news
Anonymous
Unregistered

Smoking is a health issue, a bad, bad, health issue. While alcoholism is also a bad situation, there ARE those of us who enjoy going to a bar for a drink or two in order to unwind. We don't want to breathe second-hand smoke. Our drinks don't affect anyone elses health unless we drive drunk. Second hand smoke is a health hazard, nature's rule, not mine. It's a proven fact. I am not allergic to cigarette smoke, but I think it smells foul and the foul smell reminds me that I'm endangering my health. Go outside to smoke. Smoke in your own home (if you don't have children!!!!). Kill yourself if you want to, but leave the rest of us out of it.

"Mind if I smoke?"
"No. Mind if I fart?"

Return to Top
#270514 - 11/04/04 07:09 PM Re: cb news
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Quote:

Quote:

No one can smoke in bars in MA anymore - YAY!!

Hooray! Bar owners stripped of private property rights!!! Yippee! Let's take away their ability to serve alcohol next!!!

Big difference. My drinking doesn't affect YOUR health. Your smoking affects MY health in a PUBLIC establishment.

Return to Top
#270515 - 11/04/04 07:10 PM Re: cb news
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
If you don't want to smell it, don't go where it is. This isn't a public building, no one is forcing you to go there. If you don't want to subject your health to whatever hazard it may present, don't go where it is.

Return to Top
#270516 - 11/04/04 07:12 PM Re: cb news
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Quote:

If you don't want to smell it, don't go where it is. This isn't a public building, no one is forcing you to go there. If you don't want to subject your health to whatever hazard it may present, don't go where it is.

So, the right to smoke is more valuable than my right to go to the bar or restaurant?

Return to Top
#270517 - 11/04/04 07:14 PM Re: cb news
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
Quote:

Big difference. My drinking doesn't affect YOUR health. Your smoking affects MY health in a PUBLIC establishment.

If anything, you can make a more logical argument for banning the sale of liquor in a public establishment. Every year 17,000 people die on the roads from people who drive after drinking somewhere other than their home. Many of those people had not chosen to subject themselves to a health risk. Everyone who voluntarily walks into an establishment that allows smoking has made that choice.

And, for the record, I don't buy that "second-hand" smoke is a serious health risk.

Return to Top
#270518 - 11/04/04 07:17 PM Re: cb news
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
Quote:

So, the right to smoke is more valuable than my right to go to the bar or restaurant?

No, the right of the property owner to DO WHAT THEY WANT, whether than means allowing smoking or not allowing smoking, in the establishment THAT THEY OWN, is more important that your non-existent right to go wherever you please and have it in the condition you want.

Next, you'll want a law requiring the thermostat at a certain level, or lighting at a particular brightness.

Return to Top
#270519 - 11/04/04 07:18 PM Re: cb news
Anonymous
Unregistered

Recognize this. Smoking is going down the tube. It's not attractive to smoke, it costs a mint, non-smokers and health conscious people out number you. You're rights as a smoker will be fewer and fewer as time goes on. You do NOT have right to foul up my air space and I DO have the right to go to public buildings. Go kill yourself, but leave the rest of us out of it. I truly feel sorry for those who are addicted to nicotine. Either the addiction is so powerful that they are willing to die for it, or they are naive enough to think that in the long run, it won't affect their health. It will. And taxpayers will end up paying for their bad decision.

Return to Top
#270520 - 11/04/04 07:20 PM Re: cb news
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

No, the right of the property owner to DO WHAT THEY WANT, whether than means allowing smoking or not allowing smoking, in the establishment THAT THEY OWN, is more important that your non-existent right to go wherever you please and have it in the condition you want.

Next, you'll want a law requiring the thermostat at a certain level, or lighting at a particular brightness.

Temperature and bright lights are not health threats. You are completely missing the point.

Return to Top
#270521 - 11/04/04 07:20 PM Re: cb news
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
Quote:

taxpayers will end up paying for their bad decision.

That has nothing to do with it. If you don't like taxpayers footing the bill for medical care, end it. But that is a separate issue from property rights.

Return to Top
#270522 - 11/04/04 07:21 PM Re: cb news
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

taxpayers will end up paying for their bad decision.

That has nothing to do with it. If you don't like taxpayers footing the bill for medical care, end it. But that is a separate issue from property rights.

OK, whatever. You're still missing the point, buddy.

Return to Top
#270523 - 11/04/04 07:21 PM Re: cb news
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Quote:

Quote:

If anything, you can make a more logical argument for banning the sale of liquor in a public establishment. Every year 17,000 people die on the roads from people who drive after drinking somewhere other than their home. Many of those people had not chosen to subject themselves to a health risk. Everyone who voluntarily walks into an establishment that allows smoking has made that choice.

And, for the record, I don't buy that "second-hand" smoke is a serious health risk.

Well, I can tell you from personal experience, it is for me. It irritates my psoriasis, and for my aunt, it can send her into a horrific asthma attack where she can't breath.

I agree with the drinking and driving being a bigger problem, but that isn't the fault of the bar, it's the fault of the driver.

Here's another issue regarding the "smell" factor. You say if I don't want to smell like the nasty smoke smell, I shouldn't go around it. Does this mean if I want to fill a waterbottle with vinegar and randomly spray it around me at the mall or in a bar it's your problem not mine?

Should I be allowed to light up some cow dung for warmth at the table while eating dinner too?

Return to Top
#270524 - 11/04/04 07:24 PM Re: cb news
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
Quote:

Temperature and bright lights are not health threats. You are completely missing the point.

And someone smoking in a bar that I DON'T ENTER isn't a health threat, either. You are missing the point. Everyone has the right to not go where they don't like the policy - smokers should have the right to go to a bar where the owner allows it and caters to them, and non-smokers should have the right to go to a bar where the owner doesn't allow it and cater to them.

But no, let's eliminate the owner's rights and tell them what they can and can't do with their property.

This. Is. Fascism.

Return to Top
#270525 - 11/04/04 07:28 PM Re: cb news
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
Quote:

Here's another issue regarding the "smell" factor. You say if I don't want to smell like the nasty smoke smell, I shouldn't go around it. Does this mean if I want to fill a waterbottle with vinegar and randomly spray it around me at the mall or in a bar it's your problem not mine?

No, I would have a problem with it. And I would go to the mall owner (or, more likely, their representative) and complain. And because the mall doesn't allow vinegar spraying, they would ask you to stop or remove you. If, however, there was a mall full of people who like to spray vinegar and others that didn't care, and the mall owner made the decision to allow this ON THEIR PROPERTY, I would simply not patronize said mall.

Quote:

Should I be allowed to light up some cow dung for warmth at the table while eating dinner too?

If the owner of the establishment wishes to allow this, then yes, you should be so allowed.

Return to Top
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4