Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#271916 - 11/05/04 09:44 PM Scary Movies
Carly Girl Offline
Power Poster
TEXAS
Remember when scary movies were in black and white and the eerie music that played with them that made you scared? I still love to watch them. Movies like The fly and Creature from the Black Lagoon and Gargoyles. I bought the movie The Blob and my kids were terrified. I thought it was funny because that was a movie from my era that is so not cool with kids today. What was your favorite?

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#271917 - 11/05/04 09:45 PM Re: Scary Movies
MB Guy Offline
10K Club
Way, way south.
Mystery Science Theatre 3000 is great to watch those old movies and make fun of them.

Return to Top
#271918 - 11/05/04 11:28 PM Re: Scary Movies
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Mystery Science Theatre 3000 is great to watch those old movies and make fun of them.

"Michael Jackson; A Life."

Return to Top
#271919 - 11/06/04 12:05 AM Re: Scary Movies
homestar Offline
Diamond Poster
US of A
Remember the old Vicent Price classic, "House of Wax?" This movie scared the beejeebers out of me when I was about 5 or 6 years old. My parents left us with a sitter and this movie was on the late, late show. (Yes, I was up way past my bedtime.) The scene where the guy falls into the vat of acid and his skeleton surfaces got me so bad I couldn't even think about it for years to come without being scared.

I saw it again a few years ago, and I said to myself, "What was the big deal about that?" I was so dissapointed. Here I was waiting to be scared again, and all I could hear in my head was, "Is that all there is? Is that all there is? If that's all there is my friend, then let's keep dancing."
Last edited by Homestar; 11/06/04 12:06 AM.

Return to Top
#271920 - 11/06/04 12:09 AM Re: Scary Movies
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Remember the old Vicent Price classic, "House of Wax?" This movie scared the beejeebers out of me when I was about 5 or 6 years old. My parents left us with a sitter and this movie was on the late, late show. (Yes, I was up way past my bedtime.) The scene where the guy falls into the vat of acid and his skeleton surfaces got me so bad I couldn't even think about it for years to come without being scared.

I saw it again a few years ago, and I said to myself, "What was the big deal about that?" I was so dissapointed. Here I was waiting to be scared again, and all I could hear in my head was, "Is that all there is? Is that all there is? If that's all there is my friend, then let's keep dancing."

Vincent Price is just creepy himself.
I wonder how he picked up woman?

Return to Top
#271921 - 11/06/04 12:12 AM Re: Scary Movies
Bartman Offline
Diamond Poster
Bartman
Springfield
Around here on Saturday night they'd run 'Creature Feature' - my brother and I always begged to stay up for it. "The Blob" did me in, too...

Return to Top
#271922 - 11/06/04 12:17 AM Re: Scary Movies
Carly Girl Offline
Power Poster
TEXAS
Vincent Price is my all time favorite regardless of how he looked. There was that creepiness in his voice that always attracted me. I could still sit and watch his movies all day long. But just so you know, that does not make me a creepy person

Return to Top
#271923 - 11/06/04 03:15 PM Re: Scary Movies
homestar Offline
Diamond Poster
US of A
Did you know that Vince was a St. Louis homeboy?

St. Louis Walk of Fame - Vincent Price

Return to Top
#271924 - 11/06/04 03:17 PM Re: Scary Movies
homestar Offline
Diamond Poster
US of A
Quote:

Vincent Price is my all time favorite regardless of how he looked. There was that creepiness in his voice that always attracted me.

Then you should enjoy this site...

The Sound of Vincent Price

Return to Top