BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#272674 - 11/09/04 06:28 PM Re: United States of Canada
straw Offline
Power Poster
straw
Agreed. These posters who would leave the country are just silly and we shouldn't waste our time even acknowledging this nonsense.

What can be said about those who hold beliefs, but won't stay and fight for them.

I have concerns about some of the Republican agenda, but I would never even consider leaving this country, the greatest on earth.

Let's get past this.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#272675 - 11/09/04 06:44 PM Re: United States of Canada
MB Guy Offline
10K Club
Way, way south.
Quote:

Quote:

You missed my point. The team I refer to is America, the quarterback is the President.

Sorry, I thought that was answering the question, "why did you vote for Kerry?".

I agree with Dan's remarks 100%, and kudos to anon for sticking by their country even when their party doesn't come up with a winner.

DP, I could not agree more. If the anon that I was sparring with last week (the thread with the open letter regarding the election that was written by an anon) read the above post, I think they would have a better idea of why I wished the person that wanted to leave America a fond farewell. And, I was having fun getting under your skin a little. Just a little teasing, lolol.

Return to Top
#272676 - 11/09/04 06:47 PM Re: United States of Canada
redsfan Offline
Power Poster
redsfan
The Pennant Race
It's amazing to me thatthe comments someone made in another thread about leaving the United States have somehow been responded to over here. But since they did, if my remarks in response to the original post offended anyone (other than the person who posted them originally), I would like to apologize. I am tired of people of all stripes and both political parties resorting to name-calling and vitriol instead of rational, supported arguments. Such arguments do nothing to advance the cause they espouse. All such arguments do is inflame passions and rile tempers.

I am glad to see so many BOLers who may have voted for the Senator from Massachussets supporting the election result, even if they did not support the winner. I agree with you that it is up to the President to bring the Republican Congressional leadership along and reach out - I just hope there is someone on the other side of the aisle doing the same. We're not going to get anywhere on the serious problems we face as a nation without everybody being willing to enter into rationalm reasoned debate and legislative compromise.

Return to Top
#272677 - 11/10/04 01:30 AM Re: United States of Canada
Curious George Offline
Curious George
Soon...The Lone Star State
Quote:

To tail onto Dan's comment...If you're going to leave the country when you don't like the "management" consider a boat for your next home, because, just like here, every country has it's up and down times. If you're that whimpy, you probably want to be mobile!

That's OK...I have a mandate.

Return to Top
Page 2 of 2 1 2