Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#272830 - 11/10/04 10:59 PM Re: Share your recipes! Holiday edition
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
No, it never will. Take it from someone who rearranges the ornaments from the time the tree goes up until it's time to pack it away. Thankfully, my husband just grins and shakes his head as I move first this one than the one that's wrong because I moved that one ...etc.

We do the Polish version of your Christmas Eve gathering...about 24 people +/- waifs and strays...and a no meat meal. Mushroom soup; saur kraut and boiled potatoes; pierogi; smoked salmon and fried fish; veggies; a fabulous salad with cranberries, apples, spiced nuts on field greens with raspberry vinagrette; and enough cookies and sweets to start a small store.

Oh, I love the holidays!!!

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#272831 - 11/10/04 11:04 PM Re: Share your recipes! Holiday edition
RR Sarah Offline
Power Poster
RR Sarah
Up North
We celebrate Christmas Eve with an all-white meal (Scandinavian I believe). Oyster stew, lefse, lutefisk with boiled potatoes and white sauce...we added chili one year for the in-laws but decided it just wasn't right...

Return to Top
#272832 - 11/10/04 11:08 PM Re: Share your recipes! Holiday edition
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
Oh, please send me some oyster stew leftovers...in an unmarked package so no one else can get to it before me!

Return to Top
#272833 - 11/22/04 09:21 PM Re: Share your recipes! Holiday edition
Queen Mum Offline
Power Poster
Queen Mum
OK
This just came out in our local paper. A nearby church uses it to help feed over 200 people for a free Thanksgiving dinner. It sounds great and a good alternative to those who don't really like pie.

Pumpkin Pie Cake

1 can pumkin or 2 cups Libby's
4 eggs (beaten)
1 can evaporated milk 12-13 oz Milnot
1 1/2 cups of sugar
2 t cinnamon
1 t ginger
1/2 t nutmeg
1/2 t of ground cloves
1 package of yellow cake mix
1 cup oleo melted
1 cup chopped nuts

Preheat over to 350. Beat first 7 ingredients together - pour into ungreased 9 x 13 cake pan. Sprinkle dry cake mix over the batter. Pour melted butter over the cake mix. Sprinkle with chopped nuts. Bake one hour (no lonter). Serve with cool ship (optional). Serves 15.
Note: Freezes well.

Return to Top
Page 2 of 2 1 2