BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#273901 - 11/10/04 09:51 PM Scott Peterson Poll
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
Okay, let's see if we can't change the nastiness and do a simple poll. We've all seen or heard about the Scott Peterson trial. Simple question, is he guilty? Or innocent? It seems that even the jury can't decide.
Is Scott Guilty
single choice

Votes accepted starting: 11/10/04 09:51 PM
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll.
Is Scott Innocent
single choice

I have no idea
single choice

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#273902 - 11/10/04 09:53 PM Re: Scott Peterson Poll
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
I have no idea. I don't have all the evidence, and I'm not sure the prosecutors do either....

Return to Top
#273903 - 11/10/04 09:55 PM Re: Scott Peterson Poll
Snowqueen Offline
Diamond Poster
Snowqueen
dreaming of a warm beach......
The news reports keep stating that so much of the evidence is circumstantial. It will be an interesting verdict. I haven't followed it enough to have an opinion either way.

Return to Top
#273904 - 11/10/04 09:56 PM Re: Scott Peterson Poll
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
Quote:

I have no idea. I don't have all the evidence, and I'm not sure the prosecutors do either....

Is this what your opinion was on the OJ case, too?

Return to Top
#273905 - 11/10/04 09:59 PM Re: Scott Peterson Poll
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Quote:

Quote:

Is this what your opinion was on the OJ case, too?

No. I personally had more information about the evidence being used against OJ, and watched nearly the entire trial on television. I have only seen sparse news regarding this case.

Return to Top
#273906 - 11/10/04 10:05 PM Re: Scott Peterson Poll
Anonymous
Unregistered

Who cares?!?!?!?

Return to Top
#273907 - 11/10/04 10:08 PM Re: Scott Peterson Poll
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
Well, I'm following it, sort of. I can't believe that they've dismissed ANOTHER juror, 2nd in 2 days!! Even if they get a conviction, the defense has ammo for an appeal based on the jury, between their field trip to the boat and three members getting replaced.

Return to Top
#273908 - 11/10/04 10:08 PM Re: Scott Peterson Poll
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
Quote:

No. I personally had more information about the evidence being used against OJ, and watched nearly the entire trial on television. I have only seen sparse news regarding this case.

Ok, I was just trying to get a feel for how you interpret evidence in high-profile trials. In my opinion, when a man tells a mistress that he's a widower, and then winds up being one, that may be more than a coincidence.

Return to Top
#273909 - 11/10/04 10:23 PM Re: Scott Peterson Poll
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
Oh my god, I'm in agreement with Jokerman again! Pretty soon I'll vote for a republican...DANG I did that too!!! Someone shoot me

CRA Rating is in...Oh who cares...I'm home with the baby.

Return to Top
#273910 - 11/10/04 10:32 PM Re: Scott Peterson Poll
Bones Offline
Power Poster
Bones
Land of Enchantment
Quote:

Ok, I was just trying to get a feel for how you interpret evidence in high-profile trials. In my opinion, when a man tells a mistress that he's a widower, and then winds up being one, that may be more than a coincidence.

I also have to agree with Jokerman on that one!

Return to Top
#273911 - 11/10/04 10:33 PM Re: Scott Peterson Poll
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
The world is going to come to an end if Crayon Girl agrees as well ::finding cover:: heh heh

CRA Rating is in...Oh who cares...I'm home with the baby.

Return to Top
#273912 - 11/10/04 10:36 PM Re: Scott Peterson Poll
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Quote:

Quote:

I've only heard splashes here and there. In the OJ case we heard everything... well, enough at least. OJ is still looking for the "real killers" you know... on the golf courses...

Return to Top
#273913 - 11/10/04 10:39 PM Re: Scott Peterson Poll
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
Scott Peterson need only look as far as the mirror.

For me the thing that really sealed his guilt was when they found him a short distance from the Mexican border, with dyed hair, cash and I believe fake ID. Does an innocent man behave like that? I think not.

Return to Top
#273914 - 11/10/04 10:39 PM Re: Scott Peterson Poll
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Quote:

Scott Peterson need only look as far as the mirror.

For me the thing that really sealed his guilt was when they found him a short distance from the Mexican border, with dyed hair, cash and I believe fake ID. Does an innocent man behave like that? I think not.

If he doesn't think he can get a not guilty verdict and he knows he's innocent, sure.

Return to Top
#273915 - 11/10/04 10:44 PM Re: Scott Peterson Poll
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
Not just a juror was dismissed today...it was the jury foreman who I heard had both medical and legal degrees. Talk on the morning news shows today was that he was the one who blew the wistle on Juror #7 who was dismissed for getting info off the net.

Return to Top
#273916 - 11/10/04 10:46 PM Re: Scott Peterson Poll
Cowboys Fan Offline
Power Poster
SC
Court TV is reporting that he wouldn't allow the jurors to take a vote until they had reviewed every piece of evidence and that the other jurors got a tad po'd.

Return to Top
#273917 - 11/10/04 10:49 PM Re: Scott Peterson Poll
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

The world is going to come to an end if Crayon Girl agrees as well ::finding cover:: heh heh

Well ladies, prepare for Armageddon then. I think this lying, cheating, hair dying, close to Mexico cash carrying, new car buying, fishing on Christmas Eve with a very pregnant wife fella is as guilty as sin…

Return to Top
#273918 - 11/10/04 10:50 PM Re: Scott Peterson Poll
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sounds eerily like Runaway Jury, doesn't it?

Return to Top
#273919 - 11/10/04 10:52 PM Re: Scott Peterson Poll
Cowboys Fan Offline
Power Poster
SC
Quote:

Sounds eerily like Runaway Jury, doesn't it?

I thought that too.

Return to Top
#273920 - 11/10/04 11:01 PM Re: Scott Peterson Poll
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

Well ladies, prepare for Armageddon then. I think this lying, cheating, hair dying, close to Mexico cash carrying, new car buying, fishing on Christmas Eve with a very pregnant wife fella is as guilty as sin…

YOU GO, GIRL!!

Return to Top
#273921 - 11/10/04 11:06 PM Re: Scott Peterson Poll
Anonymous
Unregistered

The trip to Mexico is proof that he acts guilty, but does not prove guilt. I am a firm believer in innocent until proven guilty. I have served on 6 jurys and let me tell you it is not fun. No one really wants to be there and there are always some people that do not take the responsibility seriously. To be honest, it only made me more suspicious of our judicial system.

Pressure makes people do strange things - Mexico, hair color and money is not worth convicting over, what if you did something dumb after being wrongly accused.

Return to Top
#273922 - 11/10/04 11:08 PM Re: Scott Peterson Poll
Snowqueen Offline
Diamond Poster
Snowqueen
dreaming of a warm beach......
It would be interesting to know if Scott Peterson contacted OJ prior to committing the crime for "Tips on how to get rid of the evidence".

Return to Top
#273923 - 11/10/04 11:35 PM Re: Scott Peterson Poll
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
Quote:

I am a firm believer in innocent until proven guilty [beyond a reasonable doubt].

I, too, believe that this is how the law should see the accused. But since I am not the law, I get to see Scott Peterson through the eyes of a reasonable human being.

And there is too much circumstantial evidence there for a reasonable human being to conclude that he's innocent.

Return to Top
#273924 - 11/11/04 03:47 AM Re: Scott Peterson Poll
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
Aw, come on, CG, don't hold back on our account! Tell us what your REALLY think!

Return to Top
#273925 - 11/11/04 07:38 PM Re: Scott Peterson Poll
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
The poll indicates he should be hung from the nearest tree, by an overwhelming majority.

Return to Top
Page 1 of 2 1 2