Page 2 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#273926 - 11/11/04 08:23 PM Re: Scott Peterson Poll
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Quote:

The poll indicates he should be hung from the nearest tree, by an overwhelming majority.

Actually, this poll indicates he should not be hung, in fact, it means he should be found not guilty. If anyone on the jury refuses to cast a guilty verdict, even if it's one person, he's not guilty.

If as many people have voted not guilty have, and as many have voted I don't know, at MINIMUM, the sentence must be reversable, in other words, no death penalty.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#273927 - 11/11/04 08:33 PM Re: Scott Peterson Poll
SwankyFrank Offline
100 Club
SwankyFrank
Earth
I have followed the case, but not closely.

Do I believe he did it. ABSOLUTELY. Do I believe that the prosecution has proven beyond a resonable doubt that he did it.. NOT EVEN CLOSE. They only have motive, zero physical evidence and no eyewitnesses.

Since this is the U.S.A. and our system of justice is based on "innocnet until PROVEN guilty" if I were on the Jury, as much as I believe he did it, I would have to say not guilty.

Return to Top
#273928 - 11/12/04 12:36 AM Re: Scott Peterson Poll
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

The poll indicates he should be hung from the nearest tree, by an overwhelming majority.

Actually, this poll indicates he should not be hung, in fact, it means he should be found not guilty. If anyone on the jury refuses to cast a guilty verdict, even if it's one person, he's not guilty.

If as many people have voted not guilty have, and as many have voted I don't know, at MINIMUM, the sentence must be reversable, in other words, no death penalty.

I disagree Michael, what we have here in BOL land is a virtual hung jury. Case dismissed, may be retried, jeopardy does NOT attach...I watch too much Law & Order!

Return to Top
#273929 - 11/12/04 01:38 AM Re: Scott Peterson Poll
Anonymous
Unregistered

I find it strange that some people believe that someone who would lie to get someone in bed must have killed his wife. Ever hear of bad karma. Lies always come back and bite you in the -$$. The real crime is that someone who appears to have loved life lost hers and that her son never had a chance. If Scott is guilty, they should have been able to find something (weapon, solid links) that showed that he was the guy. No one can get rid of all of the evidence. The perfect crime does not exist.

Return to Top
#273930 - 11/12/04 02:52 AM Re: Scott Peterson Poll
Fraudman CFCI Offline
Power Poster
Fraudman CFCI
Land of Steady Habits
One thing I have learned in my years of investigating everything from dognapping to homicide is that the investigator must identify the motive and that in a high percentage of the cases, the perpetrator with the best motive is closely related to the victim.

Completely honest people have nothing to hide or fear in such investigations and are completely open and frank when questioned about such cases.

There is no such thing as a perfect crime. This case has been built on circumstantial evidence because there was no "smoking gun" or witness who can testify to seeing Mr. Peterson do anything.

However, when one considers the nature of the evidence that is known, it leads one to believe that Mr. Peterson and his parents have been less than forthright in their responses to investigators.

My gut instinct as a criminal investigator leads me to believe the police arrested the person responsible for his wife's murder. Whether the jury will convict is another story!

Return to Top
#273931 - 11/12/04 03:48 PM Re: Scott Peterson Poll
Anonymous
Unregistered

It appears to me that he is guilty. However, I can't help but think of the first guy that was arrested in the Elizabeth Smart case. The guy was guilty of breaking into the home, but he had nothing to do with the kidnaping. The media reported tons of circumstantial evidence and painted him as guilty. The guy ended up dying in prison with many people believing he was guilty.

As for Peterson, I just have to wonder how someone could make that many stupid moves and still manage to eliminate every trace of physical evidence. Doesn't make sense.

Return to Top
#273932 - 11/12/04 03:51 PM Re: Scott Peterson Poll
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
117 people wrongly convicted and put on death row released in the past 30 years.....

Return to Top
#273933 - 11/12/04 04:00 PM Re: Scott Peterson Poll
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
Quote:

117 people wrongly convicted and put on death row released in the past 30 years.....

Dubious stat, but how many were executed?

Return to Top
#273934 - 11/12/04 04:08 PM Re: Scott Peterson Poll
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Quote:

Quote:

Dubious stat, but how many were executed?

One. However, you don't see further investigation into cases where the person is already dead, so we don't KNOW how many of them were innocent.

Return to Top
#273935 - 11/12/04 04:14 PM Re: Scott Peterson Poll
Anonymous
Unregistered

Polls, circumstantial evidence, and guesses aside, there needs to be some form of convincing direct evidence to establish guilt beyond a reasonable doubt -- and this level of evidence has not been assembled by the prosecution. They haven't made the scenario fit through the support of irrefutable evidence, such as matching DNA.

If it doesn't fit, you must acquit.

Since I am liberal and anti-death penalty, I would never want someone wrongly convicted. If he is convicted, Scott Peterson should receive intensive probation, job counseling and be required to attend anger management classes.

Return to Top
#273936 - 11/12/04 04:21 PM Re: Scott Peterson Poll
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
Quote:

One. However, you don't see further investigation into cases where the person is already dead, so we don't KNOW how many of them were innocent.

Actually, the one you name is incorrect. And I disagree with your "however". If Amnesty Intl or any of those groups could find an example, they would love to rub it in the face of the governor who didn't commute.

Return to Top
#273937 - 11/12/04 04:22 PM Re: Scott Peterson Poll
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
Quote:

Since I am liberal and anti-death penalty, I would never want someone wrongly convicted.

What, and others would?

Return to Top
#273938 - 11/12/04 04:26 PM Re: Scott Peterson Poll
MB Guy Offline
10K Club
Way, way south.
Quote:

.....If he is convicted, Scott Peterson should receive intensive probation, job counseling and be required to attend anger management classes.

You cannot be serious??? If he is convicted of murdering his wife and unborn child, you want him to only have probation, job counseling, and anger management?

Return to Top
#273939 - 11/12/04 05:45 PM Re: Scott Peterson Poll
Fraudman CFCI Offline
Power Poster
Fraudman CFCI
Land of Steady Habits
If that happens, the next the you know we will be forced to hire and employ those who defraud us!

Return to Top
#273940 - 11/12/04 08:16 PM Re: Scott Peterson Poll
MB Guy Offline
10K Club
Way, way south.
The jury has a verdict, which will be released at 4.

Return to Top
#273941 - 11/12/04 08:21 PM Re: Scott Peterson Poll
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
Quote:

If he is convicted, Scott Peterson should receive intensive probation, job counseling and be required to attend anger management classes.

And you'll then let him marry your daughter? You are making liberals look bad. There is more than black and white when it comes to sentencing. You'd make him free, despite the murder, and many would like him to get the death penalty for the violent way he may have killed his wife and child.

If he's convicted, I would trust the jury who have heard the entire story will come up with a better idea than a kitchen pass for slaughtering his pregnant wife. Much like the mass murderer you felt should have work release and counseling...this is a guy who should be off the streets, not free to kill again after he's convicted.

CRA Rating is in...Oh who cares...I'm home with the baby.

Return to Top
#273942 - 11/12/04 08:46 PM Re: Scott Peterson Poll
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

You are making liberals look bad. There is more than black and white when it comes to sentencing.

This is true, there is much more to just sentencing this person. There is the humility, compassion and forgiveness that should be extended to him. What good would an incarceration setting do for Scott Peterson? He would not be able to see his sibblings and parents often enough. He could not contribute to society. A true liberal does not blow in the wind on this, but remains consistent and supportive of all defendants. Liberal consistency demands your support, and anyway the thought of long-term incarceration is just too confining and there are way too many bullies in prison. A true liberal would be looking for ways to extend compassion, not ways to seek revenge and be mean.

Return to Top
#273943 - 11/12/04 08:50 PM Re: Scott Peterson Poll
MB Guy Offline
10K Club
Way, way south.
Quote:

Quote:

You are making liberals look bad. There is more than black and white when it comes to sentencing.

This is true, there is much more to just sentencing this person. There is the humility, compassion and forgiveness that should be extended to him. What good would an incarceration setting do for Scott Peterson? He would not be able to see his sibblings and parents often enough. He could not contribute to society. A true liberal does not blow in the wind on this, but remains consistent and supportive of all defendants. Liberal consistency demands your support, and anyway the thought of long-term incarceration is just too confining and there are way too many bullies in prison. A true liberal would be looking for ways to extend compassion, not ways to seek revenge and be mean.

Sarcasm is a wonderful thing.

Return to Top
#273944 - 11/12/04 08:58 PM Re: Scott Peterson Poll
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
Quote:

He would not be able to see his sibblings and parents often enough.

Tough. Ever heard of tough love? You misbehave you don't get all the priviledges!

Quote:

He could not contribute to society.

Making license plates is a contribution.

Quote:

..."anyway the thought of long-term incarceration is just too confining and there are way too many bullies in prison.

Awwwwwwww.

Quote:

A true liberal would be looking for ways to extend compassion, not ways to seek revenge and be mean.

You're just pulling our leg, aren't you? Be mean? If the guy killed his wife and son, how is society "being mean" by punishing him? Isn't it society's job to police itself?

Return to Top
#273945 - 11/12/04 09:10 PM Re: Scott Peterson Poll
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
Quote:

A true liberal does not blow in the wind on this, but remains consistent and supportive of all defendants. Liberal consistency demands your support, and anyway the thought of long-term incarceration is just too confining and there are way too many bullies in prison.

I do remain consistent to the rights of all defendants. We're talking about his rights after he is found guilty. (and only that posibility).

Gosh it's terrible that a man who could smother or otherwise kill his wife and unborn child would be lonely and bullied. I mean afterall, he was so compasionate towards the two of them, he deserves to be coddled and loved. (Can my eyes possibly roll back further in my head?)

The love of his family didn't keep him from becoming a killer. It probably won't help now. Being raised without bullies didn't make Scott a nice guy (and of that there is no need to see a conviction...the guy is a pig). So, maybe the opposite might have an effect on him.

A true liberal takes an open mind with them when making a decision, and tries not to impose their lifestyle on others, but they don't blindly turn their head to crime and the need to punish it in our society once it's been committed.

Be mean to the dude? He killed for personal gain. You want to have him serving milk on the cafeteria lines? If the final contribution he makes to society is to NOT kill anyone else, that's enough for me. We can find plenty of other fertalizer sales people who don't kill their families to contribute to society.

Return to Top
#273946 - 11/12/04 09:39 PM Re: Scott Peterson Poll
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

he deserves to be coddled and loved.

I think there is a pretty good possibility that he will be!

Return to Top
#273947 - 11/12/04 09:40 PM Re: Scott Peterson Poll
Peepers Offline
10K Club
Quote:

Quote:

he deserves to be coddled and loved.

I think there is a pretty good possibility that he will be!

HA!, now that's funny!

Return to Top
#273948 - 11/12/04 09:41 PM Re: Scott Peterson Poll
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
LOL that was a good one

Return to Top
#273949 - 11/12/04 09:43 PM Re: Scott Peterson Poll
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
Guilty of murder in the first.

Return to Top
#273950 - 11/12/04 09:47 PM Re: Scott Peterson Poll
MB Guy Offline
10K Club
Way, way south.
And the death penalty is definitely on the table. But, so is the inevitable appeal.....

Return to Top
Page 2 of 2 1 2